XXX

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
CHAPTER THIRTY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    It was ten in the morning and although she was supposed to get up by now her mind had different plans. Amoura was recounting everything that leaded up to this day. How her and Dre were literally just strangers having a one night stand which turned into a friends with benefits thing. All for her to end up in her feelings over him, pregnant, and now in a relationship. Yet, he was in jail and today she was going to see him.

Crazy how life works you don't even know what your future will be like with a person. She definitely didn't see herself with Dre. He was rude as hell to her and was playing with her feelings while she looked dumb for him. Everything she went though with him in just a span of eight months.

"Mommy get upppp" Ace whined

"I'm tired why you can't just leave me be?"

He talked her head off as she laid there staring at the ceiling. Being pregnant made her more lazy than usual. She really wanted to stay in bed all day but knew that wasn't happening. Not only was she going to see Dre but she also was going out with Emani and bringing Ace to keep her younger cousin company.

Amoura got up and decided to start getting ready. She listened to some Jhené to ease her mind as she did a light makeup beat. Ace occasionally asking her random questions.

She wasn't going to bring him with her for the sake of him still being young and not fully knowing why Dre is there. She didn't want to have to explain anything let alone lie to him. All he knew was all "bad" people were in there.

  Amoura was done getting ready and went downstairs to eat. She was stalling because she sorta didn't want to go there. She'd never visited anybody in jail before.

"You seeing your boyfriend today?"

Amoura looked up from eating her cereal "Yup."

"I know he'll be happy to see you."

Amoura smiled a little

"How long is visitation?"

Amoura paused "Two hours I think."

"Oh wow. Well hope all goes well and he tells you good news."

"Thank you."

"Karin is coming past today to bring you some things for the baby since she couldn't make it to the shower." She said

"Oh really? Wait she coming by when I'm gone?"

"She most likely is."

"Aw no. Well make sure you let her know I said thank you and I appreciate it. I'll text her also."

"I will." She said "Have you still been applying to jobs?"

Amoura got up and poured the leftover milk out into the sink.

"Yeah. I actually got a few emails back I'm just waiting for a call back. I've been calling them and everything. Honestly, I'm just glad I'm still making quick money off doing nails. I'm about to start doing hair quick little side hustle to help me out."