Prologue.

Almost almost always is associated with sadness, agony, pain.

He almost lived.

She almost made it.

They almost got through it.

There is a stage between friendship and love, which I believe each one of us get stuck in, at one point in life.

Almost.

It's so funny how much sadness this word holds. How much pain and emotion a single word can cause. I think that's the beauty of words. A bunch of letters randomly put together (Which make sense too, mind you), can cause so much nostalgia and a walk into the past. I think that's why words are mightier than weapons.

We come across probably thousands of people in our lives. Some may be related by blood, some from school/college/work, some from online, some we don't even know (for example: celebrities), but the most common one

Everyone of us has an almost-something in our lives. An almost-job. An almost-baby. An almost-death. An almost-recovery. An almost-100-years-of-living. An almost-result.

But the most common: An almost-lover.

Don't act like you don't know the last one. Everyone of us have almost-lovers.

Something that almost happened.

Someone likes you, but they don't admit it.

You get to know this via friends or classmates or acquaintances.

And slowly, you start liking them too.

And when something is about to happen between you two, something happens.

And that short-lived-something-that-almost-existed, becomes an almost.

It almost happened.

Recognized this?

This is what Almost is all about. A story of almost lovers.