Chapter 5

" Where the hell have you been?!" I was angrily greeted by my lovely mother. I had just returned home after my 'school meeting ' with Mr. Rider, and because of him I arrived home an hour later than usual. " I just stayed after school for extra help." I casually lied. She furrowed her eyebrows at me. Based on her facial expression, she seemed to be suspicious about my answer. " So you finished your homework then?" I mentally cursed myself as I had just remembered that I didn't get a chance to do my homework since my new teacher made me grade his stupid papers for him. Godamn that Mr. Rider. " Well actually-" My mother then immediately interrupted me. " So I'm gonna take that as a no." I didn't know how to reply. " Tell me where you've been this instant." My lips began to quiver as I stared blankly back at my mother. " I was in detention." I choked out, afraid of her response. My face then began to feel a stinging sensation as she slapped me hard across the face. "It's not my fault!" I cried. "Bullshit! You're stupid enough that you can't even tell the truth when it's obvious that you got your sorry ass in trouble!" I could see now that her jaw was clenched as she clutched my wrist." No I swear it was Mr. Rider! Mom listen to me! "I begged as she dragged me down the hall that lead to the dark closet, beside the entrance of the bathroom. "I'll listen when you decide to be obedient for once." She yelled harshly, pushing me into the cramped closet. I then could hear the click sound of the door locking behind me.