Epilogue

IMPORTANT NOTE AT END

"Well, Jonathan! You ready to take your son out into a whole new world," Jack's nurse, Stacey, asked as I picked little Jack up from his basanite.

"Oh boy am I! I've waited like four months," I exclaimed with a little smile as I placed a hiss on my sleeping son's cheek, "And now, I can finally have him home."

"You know what, Jon? I'm very happy that you've been able to come around like you have. I always deal with this stuff... And it doesn't happen every day. Usually the father isn't here like you've been the past 2 months," She noted aloud with a little smile playing on her face.

I smiled back and replied, "Well... I not only have Jack here... But I've got another Beautiful son sitting at Home with his uncle. I screwed up in the beginning... But... It's all alright. I've made it all better. Now, I'm here for both of them."

She smiled so much and placed Jack into his carrier. This is it. It's hard to believe that it's already been four months since we lost her. But you know what? We've all been stronger since then.

"I'm glad to hear that Jon. If Jack needs anything you can always call the hospital and asks questions or ask for me," She informed with a smile as I headed out the door. She followed me down to the corridor area of the hospital reminding me of things that I'd have to do.

"Thank you for taking care of him. It means so much to not only me and Bentley... But Christina. All she wanted was for this little guy to grow up and be a good young man. You helped make part of this possible," I gave her a quick hug and then looked down at Jack. He was sleeping peacefully.

"It's no problem Jon... It's my job.... Now go out there and enjoy your family," She told me and waved me off as I began to walk away with a smile plastered on my face.

As I strapped Jack into the car I began talking to him, "You're mommy would've loved to be here taking you home with me. She was a great woman little man. I'm sorry you never got to meet her!"

I sighed and then closed the car door before walking over to my and getting in. Then I started the car and drove home. When we got there Pat, and Bentley were happily messing around outside. I'm glad that we could finally all be happy.

"Daddy," Bentley yelled and came over to me hugging my legs, "You're home! And Jack is home!!!"

"Yeah bud he is," I told him and squatted down bringing him into my arms as he his legs were around my waist.

The three of us walked in together with Kaner on our heels. I placed Bentley down on his feet and then Jack's carrier on the floor. I slowly unstrapped him and picked him up in my arms. Bentley jumped up on the couch next to me and looked over my shoulder so he could see his brother. Kaner was on my other side looking down at him as well.

Jack's brown eyes popped opened and he looked at me. I lifted him so he was vertical and looking at me better, "Hi there Jack... How's my baby boy?!"

Then he did something unexpected. He laughed and gave me a toothless grin. Minus the teeth part... He looked like Chrissy. As I sat there and smiled at my son I realized something.

I realized that everything would be alright. I realized that even though Chrissy wasn't here with us she was. She's given me two son. She was half of both of them. It warmed my heart realizing that.

It was at that moment that I swore I felt someone place a kiss on my cheek. I handed Jack over to Pat and then placed my hand on my cheek where I had felt it. She really was still here. That's all I could really ask for. My love for her and our sons would never die. Even if I was Falling Apart at one point in time.

IMPORTANT NOTE

I've got a Jonathan Toews Short story coming out! It's called "Gonna Take A Lot". The Prologue will be posted later today!

Thanks!

- JJ :)