Flightless bird

Chapter 1.

.:EDWARD'S POV:.

I sighed as I looked out the window on yet again, another plane trip. Carlisle And I were flying back from a medical conference in Alaska, I was getting a little sick of high school and decided to get myself another medical degree.

We were headed back to my family in Forks, Washington. I wasn't a fan of flying, I guess I didn't like being cooped up on a small plane with humans for hours. We could have driven or even ran back home for that matter, but the company that we went to the conference for already paid for plane tickets. And of course, Carlisle being Carlisle, we didn't want to be rude.

Suddenly, the plane started shaking in a strange way, the humans couldn't feel it or they would be panicking, but we could.

Oh great. If there was a plane wreck blood would be spilt.

And of course, me being a vampire, that would not be good.

Carlisle had perfect control, he didn't have any problem with being around human blood and not turning into a monster. That's why I wanted my medical degree, I wanted control. It wouldn't be easy, but I was willing to try.

The plane shook again, this time more harder so the humans could feel it, but it wasn't enough to cause a chaos, just enough to cause small murmurs, mostly everyone thought it was turbulence.

I listened for the pilot's mind.

"Oh crap, why is this plane shaking so much...Oh no... the engine's out, we're going down..."

I stopped listening at that point, I knew we were going to crash.

"Carlisle.." I said very quietly so the humans wouldn't hear. "The plane is going down, we are going to crash."

"Oh dear..." He said. We bother knew there was nothing we could do. The humans understood now, there was panic.

I looked around at the soon-to-be-victims. No children, thankfully, there wasn't many people, but enough. If the pilot was smart he'd be trying to land the plane.

It all happened very fast, which was strange for me, be everything I did was fast, but in the next minute, we were on the ground, crashed. We were on a tropical, deserted island, thank goodness it was cloudy, I listened around for any minds thinking. Nothing. I smelt human blood but I was able to control myself. They were all dead.

No. Wait.

"I hear one heartbeat." I told Carlisle.

"Me too." He said. "Help me find whoever it is."

I listened for the fast heartbeat, finally I found it under a heap of plane debris and I saw a hand that still had a pink color to it.

"I think I found.... Her." I said to Carlisle, after noticing it was a girl's hand. Carlisle and I dug her out of the plane remains, but she was unconscious.

"I think she hit her head." I said looking at the blood oozing from a wound on the back of her head.

She was a very pretty girl with long brown hair and very pale skin, she had a handbag wrapped around her arm. When Carlisle took out his flashlight to check her eyes I noticed she had the biggest brown eyes I have ever seen.

"Lets take her to a different spot on the beach, I'm sure she wouldn't want to see all these... people when she wakes up." Carlisle said. I nodded and scooped her up carefully and we ran to a open space on the beach. I laid her down carefully, not wanting to injure her head any more then it all ready was. Carlisle had a first aid kit, imagine that, and was already dressing her wounds.