The Protecter

The puddles of blood were everywhere, there was no way of hiding it. I couldn't be seen here, not in this place, not with all this evidence. I started to run. Where? Who the fuck knows, anywhere but here. "Elliot! Stop!" was all I could hear from behind. I couldn't turn around, this was all just in my head... There was nobody there when it happened! I left the thought behind as I ran, through the streets, straight home. I still heard my name being called, which made me run faster. I reached home, I'm safe here. I ran to my room and collapsed on the bed. I heard a knock on the window...

"I missed you Elly!" Even from the other end of the hall, I knew it was Melody. We have been best friends since preschool. She is shy, but she opens up to me. Maybe because she likes me. I don't really know. She's the kind of girl that would rather spend a day reading her books than hang out. Classic Melody. "Hey Mel." I said as I opened my arms. She fell into them, tightly wrapping her arms around my neck. The smell of her instantly hit me, vanilla. I lusted for more, but held back. She was extremely intoxicating to me. She pulled away, leaving me feeling empty.

"Where were you all summer?" she asked with a curious shimmer in her eyes. She had blue eyes, deeper than the ocean. I could swim in them all day. The light captured them perfectly, having me fall into them. We started walking towards the lunchroom, ignoring the question she asked. The room was full of familiar faces, many I knew for years. The one I remember most is of Delilah, the girl of my dreams. The girl I could never have. She was one of the most popular girls in school. Very talented, won every talent show held. There's so much more to her than most would even see. Like when she smiles she always tries to hide it. She is completely out of my league. I'm just one of the 'hipsters' around here. I kept my eyes on her, until she left with a group of friends.

"Elly? Heloo-o-o?" Melody poked my side.

"Sorry." I gathered my bag from our table. "You look beautiful today Mel."

"What's up with you Elly? You were totally eyeing some girl. Was it Marissa because-"

"No Mel, it was nobody. I just hate the first day of school. Now show me your schedule."

She unzipped her bag and pulled out a yellow piece of paper. She read off her classes, "Algebra 2, Chemistry, Printmaking, Astronomy, and Economics. What about you?" She nudged me and took the paper from my hands

."Darn no classes together." She sighed and glanced at the clock. "We should go to class." I nodded and gave her a hug. "Elly?"

"Yes Mel?" I asked. I looked down at her. She looked sad, I wanted to take it away. She has no reason to be sad ever.

"Nothing. I just missed you. I'm glad to see you is all." I pulled away from her and smiled.

"I'll see you at lunch."

"Yea." I gave her a kiss on the top of her head. She blushed and started walking towards the math hall. I started to walk to my first class, wishing Mel was in it. Stupid biology, why do you exist? It's not like we use it in life anyways.

"Elliot! Wait up!"

"Mason! What's up man?" Mason is one of my best guy friends, not as close as Mel though. We are in a band called The Drums. I'm the drummer and he plays guitar. He lives for music, but one of the more obvious reasons why I am friends with him is because his best friend is Delilah. Whenever she tags along with us it gives me a reason to talk to her.

"What class are you going to?" He asked.

I heard the bell ring. Late, as usual.

"Bio with Mr. Green." I said, walking a bit faster.