Chapter one - new friend

Chapter One

It was a winter's day, and I was staring in the mirror, looking at my wavy soft brown hair that had grown really long over the year. I had liked my hair and my eyes. My eyes were a really electric, deep blue. Now I despised them as much as the rest of myself. 

Suddenly my phone beeped off, and I picked it up, wondering who was texting me.

Surprisingly, it was Alison. 

You coming to the school fete? :) 

I hadn't been planning to, because it would mean another day of being ignored. Besides, I had too much work to do.  

Got to do mah English :(  

I replied. My phone buzzed again a few seconds later. 

Puh leeze? I have a rly cute friend to introduce u 2, i think u guys would be perf together :3 

I pulled a bewildered expression at this, and replied with: 

wut omg al 

she replied with: we'll meet u near the ice cream stall thingy. 

If I had just decided not to go, I wouldn't be like this.

But I found myself pulling on my Converse, grabbing my phone and purse, and walking the three blocks to my school.

My school was Northside Girls' College, but we had a brother school called Northside Boys' College.

We did a lot of things together: school plays, academic competitions, the school day care, end of year assemblies, and, guess what? School fetes.

I walked along the grey sidewalk, my bright blue Converses contrasting against it, looking brighter than usual. I was staring at my feet, like I normally did. 

A few minutes later I found myself on my school's oval. It was a hive of activity. Kids were everywhere, from first graders to year 12's, and I recognised a few of my teachers around the place, which was rather embarrassing.

There was plenty of space though, and a lot of stalls, selling everything from cakes to facepainting.

There were even rides, and they weren't crappy rides either.

"Melody! Come over here!" I turned around to see Alison waving at me a few stalls away. Her blonde straight hair was effortlessly tied up in a casual bun, and she was wearing a tight black singlet with white shorts.

I slowly walked over to her, realising that she wasn't alone. A boy with light brown hair slicked back, deep sea blue eyes, pointed nose, a perfectly chiselled jawline, full lips and an adorable smile.

He looked like one of those perfect male models on magazine. 

I'm guessing he was the guy Alison was talking about. I smiled at him shyly, and he just looked straight into my eyes, with that flawless smile.

Alison quickly stepped in, cutting off the awkwardness.

"Uh so Melody, this is Logan, and Logan, this is Melody." She winked at me, making me flush with embarassment. 

"Nice to meet you", I said, cringing when my voice came out soft and barely audible. 

"Hey, nice to meet you too," he replied confidently, flashing me a friendly smile, extending his hand out for me to shake. 

My cold hand slipped into his, and was flooded by the warmth that radiated off his skin. 

When he let go, I could still feel heat that was there just a few seconds ago. 

And I couldn't help but smile when we turned around to walk to a stall. 

--------------------------------------

Chapter 1 done! Sorry I haven't been able to contact my friend, so I finished the rest of the chapter myself. I typed it on my phone, and now i'm on my laptop, i just realised that i didn't even write a page! 

If you want to know what Logan Butchmann looks like, look up 'logan lerman', he's adorabe <3 

Sorry, the original idea of this book was my friends, but everyone has been saying that it is too sad and they don't like reading sad books. I will try to change the whole story line of this, and improve it to your satisfaction. 

I would be flattered if you:

Comment?

Like?

Share?

Follow?

Thanks!