Chapter two: You're not the only ones

Ryder parked the car. April was looking at the lake, when Ryder turned to her. "Are you ready." April stared at him. Before this, he was always an ass. Now he was being polite and caring. April had never seen this side of him. She had always thought it existed, yet she could never get him to open up.

"No, but lets get this over with it." Ryder smiled, but April could still see that he was worried about her. April opened the door and got out. She started walking towards the lake. Ryder quickly joined her.

There had always been something with this girl, Ryder though as he joined April. When they were seven, they had been playing around. Ryder had thought that she was beautiful. He had kissed her, and April had run off. They hadn't gotten along since then. April always complaining how he had stolen one of the most important things, her first kiss.

Ryder had felt bad about that, but he could never apologize for it. It still plagued him in his sleep. All the other girls were nothing like April. April sent sparks when they touched. The kiss hadn't last long at all, but it had been enough to make Ryder fall in love with her. She hated him though.

Ryder couldn't help it. Whenever he saw her with some other guy, he wanted to hurt him. He couldn't do that, anymore that he could kiss her right now. Ryder realized he was staring and looked back at the lake. It was pretty, especially now at twilight. It made him want to write. No one knew he wrote. It was a personal secret. Imagine if that got around school. He was more worried about what April would think, though.

April could feel Ryder's eyes on her. She continued looking ahead. April was still thinking about earlier when Ryder had almost kissed her. It still scared her that she had wanted, had almost need that kiss. When he had pulled away, it felt like something valuable was gone. April couldn't afford to think about that now. Something was going on, and she planed to find out what it was. She saw something out of the corner of her eye. She turned towards it.

"What is it." Ryder asked.

"I'm not sure." Shaking her head, she continued forward, towards the lake. She saw it again. This time she rushed towards it, stopping near the trees. Ryder caught up to her, and followed her line of sight. A boy stood there, but that wasn't what was concerning her. There was also a girl. A girl she knew.

..........

London stared at the girl with the long, curly, blond hair. She had always wanted curls, but that wasn't why she was staring at her. She knew her. She had seen her that night. The door had been open, the girl spread across the table. Flesh and blood smeared across it, most likely hers. Her eyes opened, drugged, and yet terferided.

Asher and the other boy were looking at the girls. Neither of them were moving. Both of them were totally poker faced. London made the first move. "You," She started, glancing between the two newcomers. "herd it didn't you."

April didn't need it to be explained, she knew what they were talking about. "Yes." She put simply.

London just sighed. She could see this suddenly getting bigger. There was something going on hear. London didn't like it. She decided rather than to be hostile, god knew what would happen then, she would try to be friendly. "I'm London. That's Asher." She held out her hand.

Without a second thought April shook it. She didn't know, London, but that didn't matter. All of them were somehow screwed into this together. "April." She said pointing to herself and then to Ryder. "Ryder." London smiled.

"Well, lets figure out why the hell we are here." London, after making sure it was okay with Asher, brought them over to there spot. The two of them had found it. A little part of the lake shore that was clear. It was in the middle of the forest, and only the two of them knew it. Often times when London was upset, Asher would find her out here. Over the years they had add stuff. Hollowing out a log, so that London could keep her drawing stuff there. After the voice, London had gone home to grab her drawing supplies. Pausing to tell their parents were they were going to be.