...

I hear a knock on the door and instantly know what it is. I walk down the dark hallway, listening to the old floorboards squeak as I move closer to the door. I open the old wooden barrier between the outside and the in. I was right; I look up and see an enforcer. I'm not scared by the huge metal robot. I'm scared by the power it holds; enforcers are robots the government sends out to take away the people with no musical ability, and now my time has come.

I haven't always been ungifted musically; I used to be one of the best:

The finder enters my house; this robot doesn't even knock for permission. I know they're here to see my sister, to see how musically gifted she is. This moment crucially defines her future; and she's only four years old. Because of the legacy my parents left, we're both expected to be great musicians. This isn't right; Kate's only young and shouldn't have to deal with the burden of our country.

The robot speaks, the voice sounds weirdly rusty and very powerful.

"Sing for me, I must hear you to determine your pay." My sister hides behind my leg, trying to get away from the frightening robot in front of her.

The finder is more aggressive now;

'' Come forth and sing or you shall be taken away.''

I feel Kate's hands tighten around my leg and know that she's not doing anything for the robot. It moves forward on its small rusty wheels and extends its thick metal arms toward Kate. My reflexes kick in and I tackle the heavy robot to the ground. No one is taking my sister, not now and not ever. The finder fastens its arms around my neck and starts choking me. I hear a small crunch and my throat goes numb.

Little did I know; that crunch would change my life forever. That noise wasn't just any crack; it was my voice box. The finders have a very special ability; they are able to take away someone's singing voice by choking them. And that's what they did to me. I can still talk normally, but if I had the choice I'd rather never talk again and still be able to sing.

I go with the enforcer, there's no use fighting it anymore. My sister was taken away and there's no one else left here for me. I know where the robots taking me. From now long I'm a beggar. I'm no longer the rich man I used to be.

..

It's a lot worse than I ever could have imagined. I never thought our government would make anyone live in such a horrible place; dead animals that have started to decompose litter the roads and I feel the car bump as it drives over them. I look around, taking in my surroundings and become even more disgusted; none of the dirty old shacks have proper roofs. With all the muddy puddles on the ground, its looks like they'd need them. The only thing I don't see is the most questionable thing. Where are all the people?

"Where is everyone?" I timidly ask, unsure if the driver will answer me.

"Look, whoever you are..." he begins.

"Oh, I'm Michael." I interrupt.

"Look, Michael, the people in this part of Discoville don't socialise with each other, it's just best that you keep to yourself."

Thanks creepy car driver that was very helpful.

..

The car stops and I'm given less than two minutes to get my stuff out. Now I have no choice but to start my new life in the poorest district of Discoville. Not that I really ever had one.

I look at the crumpled up piece of paper the driver gave me:

Address:

237 Presley rd.