Chapter three 1864

Chapter three

1864

Part 2

Ashlee's POV

I bang on the door repeatedly until I see Natalie's gem green eye looking out of the peephole.

"We need to talk." I whisper.

"No." She says stubbornly.

"What?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because you're just going to give me shit for calling Katherine a whore!" Natalie complains.

"But that's what I'm here to talk to you about, Nat." I say urgently.

"Exactly!" She whisper-yells, and I hear her footsteps fading away from the door, along with the creaking of a bed spring.

"Natalie open up! I slap the door harder and faster until she opens the door, looking extremely irritated.

"You knocked?" She says with a fake smile. "Only a million times." I grumble, pushing past her and into her room; identical to mine.

"Tell me about it!" She exclaims. "Yeah, yeah calm yourself." I say impatiently. "I am calm!" She cries in exasperation, throwing her hands up and plopping onto the bed dramatically.

"Whoa. What's with you?" I ask, desperately trying to refrain from running in terror. Natalie is never like this. She is usually calm and terrifying, not nervous. It's a whole new kind of terrifying.

She looks up at me with a lost, scrambling expression, her gem green eyes looking sad and helpless. "He stares at me." She half-whimpers. I almost break into a fit of laughter; she is acting so flustered because a man is staring at her? She must be talking about Stefan Salvatore.

"So?" I ask, unable to hide a giggle from my voice. She glares at me and suddenly the situation is anything but funny. "So? So! So it's perverted!" She whispers harshly. "Why are you whispering?" I ask her. She holds her finger to her lips, indicating silence. I try again in a whispering tone, "Why are we whispering?"

"Because the pervert is outside my door!" She cries softly. This makes absolutely no sense. I quietly walk up to the door and hear a faint rustling on the other side.

I turn around, feeling humour in my eyes and my jaw hanging open. 'Oh. My. God!' I mouth at Natalie. She grabs my arm and none to gently hauls me away from the door while I stifle my laughter.

"I know!" She panics in a hushed tone. "The homosexual bastard!" She growls.

I sit down on her bed, holding my stomach and laughing so hard I can barely breathe. "Obviously," I giggle, "He's not homosexual. He wants up in all this," I gesture to Natalie's breasts and she swats my hand away with angry force.

"The only thing going up is my foot in his ass!" Natalie starts pacing angrily, her dress swishing violently. "The only reason I haven't eaten him yet is for fear he would get horny as I sunk my teeth into him. Vampire masturbation is enough I will not have him wetting his tightie-whitie's..."

I begin to laugh so loud I can't hear the rest off her angry rambling. Finally she stops pacing and plops down beside me. She looks at me with something I have rarely seen on her face. Desperation. I dry my eyes of their tears of laughter and stare into Natalie's desperate green eyes.

"But we need to be accepted here so we can accomplish our little mission." She complains. Then her tone turns into begging.

"So please, please... Don't let me kill him."