Chapter One

Waking up to an alarm is terrible but waking up to one that's not yours? That's murder. Well to my eardrums. My best friend is standing above me with the biggest stupidest and creepiest smile ever. Like that clown smile that says "I have a surprise I know you're not going to like but I'm going to give it to you any way".

"What do you want" I groan knowing I should have just rolled over. I already know what she's going to and I'm not happy. She makes a big deal over everything and like every best friend doesn't respect my wishes and pushes me to do adventurous things.

"You know damn well what I want" she said impatiently tapping her foot. I just gave her a blank look causing her to put her hands on her hips. "I want you out of bed, you have class in an hour" she says sternly.

"Exactly an hour which means I have 40 more minutes to sleep" I yawned rolling back over. She'll get distracted soon enough.

"No you don't it's almost 12 you need to get up and eat" I groan as she tugs the blanket away.

"No! The cold! You've let in the cold" I yelp tugging at the blankets she has tightly in her grip.

"GINGER I WILL SIT ON YOU IF YOU DON'T GET UP THIS MINUTE" She roars getting ready to lunge.

"NEVER I SAY NEVER" I shout right back "NO GET OUT SHE DEMON BEF-" I get out right before she lunges at me, hitting her target perfectly. We wrestle around a little before she finally kicked me out of my own bed. Grumbling the whole way to the bathroom to take a quick shower before heading to the kitchen still in my towel. Looking at all the choices for cereal I can't help but wonder, why do I have so many open boxes? Deciding to go with Frosted Flakes I reach up to grab it.

"I'd be careful if I were you, any higher and I'll be blinded" Followed by a deep chuckle. Screaming I threw the cereal box at the intruder's face. I (of course) hit home with a very proud smirk, teaches him to sneak around.

"Damnit Ginger it's just me" Lucca the gorgeous brother of Violet rasped out holding his nose. I've had a crush on him since I first discovered boys. I was only 13 when I had my first wet dream and it was all because I walked in on the ogre of a man on top of some bimbo. Yes I had wished it was me but too bad it would have been considered rape until 3 years ago. Lucca is the oldest at 28 and is married.

"I know it was you that was for not telling me you were here" I stated in a duh voice skipping over to get the box before kissing his cheek. I've known the Vitaly family my whole life seeing as my mother was friends since high school with Violet's mom, Gia.

I was the wild child while Violet was the mild child who went along with everything until we were about 7, when I dared her to put glue on our teachers chair. I guess she loved the feeling and has been the master mind behind almost all of our adventures.

Putting the cereal together and going back into my room was a difficult task when there was a grown man pouting in the corner. It made me want to squeeze him until he died from lack of air. Getting dressed was another difficult task deciding between jeans or sweat pants and between which cute set of underwear to choose. Still standing in my towel I looked between the black lace or the red lace.

"The red one suits your pasty skin better freckles" Lucca winked from across the room before heading to look for his sister. No we don't live together we have sleepovers every Friday. Violet is married to a hunk, a wealthy hunk that is. They met a couple years ago when her brothers were doing business with the Rosenberg family. They got married a year ago in a beautiful autumn wedding and I was happy to say I was the maid of honor.

Slipping on the red lace I settled for leggings and flowy crop top. This week was finals and then I was free for the summer. It was also my birthday and I was happy no one mentioned it. I know if Violet remembers she'll want to make a huge deal. Unplugging my phone and seeing missed calls from my parents and Violet and Lucca's parents I called them back immediately. Getting through both calls easily I walked back to the sink and did the dishes.