El barrio

I was so mad so! How could they work together why would my boss even side with my mom. Whats wrong with him!! I wish this was just a nightmare! maybe that's it! This is some weird nightmare or prank they are pulling on me ill soon wake up. I was in the limo and Hector was driving, I close my eyes and start to doze up with the hopes of this being some sort of prank or nightmare. After a while i wake up, limo had stopped and i was in front of my apartment. Nina, my maid ,was putting my suitcases in the truck and hector was helping her. I yawn and stretch as look out and get up.

"Morning madam"

"Buenos Dias"

"How long have you known about this Nina?"

"my name is treasa ,as soon as i come here to clean the phone rang and i was told what to do, I am new to this as you are," I sigh

"I will be living with your family is what i was told"

"yes, I am excited, I was informed about everything, but I can't tell you , just know you'll have fun!"

           Tears fogged my eyes, I've never been more humiliated in my life! How can my mom do this to me! Send me away to live with these....GARDENERS. Filthy Mexican gardeners! I am rich I'm luxurious I am not meant to live with peasants. What have I done to receive this punishment . I am not coming out of my room! Im going to starve myself and die!!! I slowly doze off all mad i could hear them talking but i was to mad to put attention. 

             When I woke up i was at the other side of town in the ghetto. Where everything there was..... dirty and filthy,  all the streets where fill with gum, shoe print, dirt,  spit , best bottles.  The people where dressed in old ragged cloths other where lose kinda gang looking,  some tried to hard and ended up looking like whores I made a disgusting face through my bullet proof sun proof window.  The kids where dirty from playing in a dirt park they rolled in. The cars old and broken down some cars didn't even have wheels while other didn't have windows some didn't have windows wheel or doors.  The stores where small with stuff outside some drink chips I don't know about . Looking at this I'm scared to step outside I feel like someone is going to jump me. I see what looks like a small party going on people playing cheap version of instrument. everything is so gray and brown.

        I feel the car coming to a stop and we are in a small house with a messy front yard outgrown bushes and oil stains a man in his late 40s comes from under neath a car. My driver gets off and so does nina. I stay inside but i can still hear what they are saying

"y esta gringa que ase aqui?" 

      his skin color is a brunt brown, he isn't pleased i can tell by his expression hector and nina talk to him and then he doesn't look so happy but he agrees to something . He then walks inside cleaning his hands with a rag. the driver opens the truck and start to take out my suit cases ; nina walks to my side and opens the door 

"welcome to our humble home" she says it as if it was a good thing 

    I step out and look around trying to not step on anything that could ruin my shoes. I can smell pee, dirt, smoke, oil, weed, i gag and spray some of my purse size perfume and take a deep breath 

"gross, this should be good"

     The driver gives nina a annoying look as she shrugs, dirty people like them wont know anything about good smell . 

"come on" He carries my luggage inside

"come on ill show you your room"

      Nina walks inside holding the door open for me i click my heels her way not happy. How i miss my house , my big home with my big rooms most i didnt have need for but there where mine! My large tv with my big tv it was as big as the room. oh god my walk in closet fill with cloths and shoes for decades what wouldnt i do to be back home. I enter the house and oh my god its so crowded and out dated. The whole family lives here i see uncles aunts grandpas grandsons grandmas mothers children this! this is a zoo! 

"y ella quien es?" an old man says

"es la novia no?" a man in his late forty 

"hah no tio, es mi trabajo" my driver says

"ay! dios mio! hola!'' a woman in her early forties says i wave and smile

   I can feel everyone eyes on me and it gets awkward real quick they are all talking with each other and im left there by my self , great totally not werid,

"ahem! so um..where is my room?" i ask trying to get away from this awkward situation

"oh right! fallow me" nina starts walking while he fallows

   I fallow her and i hear them talking about me, I decide to ignore them and fallow nina. This will be over before i know it just gotta resist . You can do this girl