ARRIVAL

Forks. Forks. Forks.
Nobody in the entire world detested Forks as much as I did, yet my own actions landed me here. Phoenix was home to me...warm, sunny and absolutely dry. Forks on the other hand was under constant rain, the gloom would probably engulf me.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love, my newest lesson. My mother had married a baseball player named Phil. He's younger than her but he makes her happy so I can't really complain. The only problem was Phil traveled a lot, so my mother stayed home with me and I could just tell how much she missed him. That's exactly how I ended up in this situation.

I sent myself off to live with Charlie aka my dad but shhh he doesn't know I call him that. Charlie is exactly like me, we're quiet, laid back people who rarely express emotions. Unlike my mother he never left Forks, still living in the house my parents bought before I was born. He loved it here and I think he hoped I would too.

......

Charlie picked me up in his cruiser, which of course caused people to stare. I was starting to see that being the police chiefs daughter wouldn't be easy. The ride to the house however only took about an hour; our conversation was simple. Charlie didn't pry and that was something I was grateful for. As we pulled up to the house I was shocked to see a large red truck sitting in the driveway. Instantly I looked at my dad and he had a huge smile on his face. "This is your welcome home gift bells". My face broke out into a huge smile  and I reached out for a quick hug. We weren't big on emotions but this touched me. Back home most of the kids in my school drove Mercedes or Range Rovers but this truck seemed as if it was made to fit me. After a few minutes of appreciation, I gathered my bags and settled down into my room. I laid down on my bed and made a mental note that maybe Forks wouldn't be too bad after all...

________________________________

When I woke up the next morning, my room was still dark. I couldn't believe I had slept all night, tossing and turning but still. I reached over and grabbed my phone to check the time and I couldn't believe it was already 7AM! I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I rushed through my normal morning routine and practically sprinted down the stairs. The last thing I needed today was to be late for the first day of school.

I stopped to grab a quick breakfast from the kitchen. Charlie was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. "Morning Bells, excited?" I didn't want to lie but honestly how could I ever be excited to be the new girl in school? Forks High School had less than 400 students all together. Back home my junior class alone had 600 kids, so I was sure to be someone who they'd gawk at. I didn't do well when being the center of attention. I was way too clumsy and uncoordinated to survive this. But I made the decision to try and start a new life in order for my mother to be happy therefore I had to give this my all. So I lied and put a smile on my face; "can't wait dad." As Charlie got up to leave he turned to me and said, "make sure you tell Jake thank you when you see him, he's the one who fixed up the car for you." I tried to put a face to the name but drew a blank, "Jake?" He replied that Jake would know who I was so no worries if I couldn't remember. And just like that I was off to school.