Part 1: Moving In

Walking into Stage 5 for the first time was certainly an interesting experience: first of all, it was fucking ridiculous to find a parking spot. There were so many cars there, and it's like, you turn the goddamn corner and you think you see a good spot and there's a shitty little mini car! The fucking parking lot was huge. Fitting for lots of employees I guess, but it doesn't make it any less fucking annoying.

I walked up to the door, and I took my headphones and put them around my neck, and put my sunglasses on top of my head. I opened the door, and was quickly greeted by Barbara.

"Hey! Er, Tyler right?" she said, holding her hand out to me.
"Yes. Pleasure to meet you Barbara." I responded, shaking her hand.
"Geez, you're a lot taller in person than I expected!" she said, chuckling.
"Yeah, I get that a lot at cons and stuff. Fitting the intern is taller than like all the staff" I jokingly said.
"How tall are you?" she asked.
"I'm 6" 6." I said, politely.
"Well, nonetheless, welcome to Stage 5! I'll be leading you on a tour of the buildings."
"Alright, cool. So does everyone else know I'm coming around? I know the AH guys do, but does everyone else?"
"Yeah, an email went out, maybe, a few hours ago." Barbara responded.
"Awesome. So should we get going?" I said.
"Yeah, follow me!" and then Barbara started walking in the opposite direction.

So we took the tour, and the tour was great. Barbara showed me around the live action set, where I had an awesome conversation with Josh about live-action shit, and then I went to the animation office where I met Miles and Kerry and I poured my RWBY love into them, haha. We visited the podcast set, and I totally sat on Burnie's chair and it was a dream come true. I visited the kitchen and a few other places, then I met Burnie. Barbara left me at Burnie's office so he could talk to me about some, uh, confidential stuff. Company stuff while I was interning, rules, etcetera. But after that, Burnie took me out of the office and led me to the Achievement Hunter office.

"Alright, here's the Achievement Hunter office. You can head on in. Best of luck in your internship, you're gonna need it." he said, which made me laugh.

"Thanks, Burns." I said.

He laughed and responded, "You're pretty acquainted, already."

The Achievement Hunter office was alot calmer than I expected at first. Geoff came up to me and shook my hand. The rest of the staff were quick to greet me, with Ray*, Gavin, and Michael also came forward after me and Geoff shared a conversation.

"Hey man! It's a pleasure to meet you." Geoff said, obviously going for the classy, nice introduction before he shits on me in a week about how I suck as an intern.

"HOLY SHIT," Ray said, from his desk. "How's the fuckin' weather up there?" which triggered the laughter of pretty much everyone in the office, including me.

"Yeah I get it! I'm tall as shit! Can this not be a running joke please?" I yelled at Ray.

Pretty much everyone looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement that this was going to become a running joke, and my denial of it would only make it funnier. 

"Okay, so now that we've got that out of the way, here's your desk. Here's your XBOX One, your XBOX 360, your PS4, your Mac and display, and your audio equipment. Astro A40s, Audio-Technica 2020's, and your mouse and keyboard. Controllers... I think that's it. But yeah. This is where you'll be stationed for the next 5 weeks." Geoff pointed out everything on my desk as he spoke.

"Cool, man. So what will I be doing as an intern?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, intern shit. Grabbing us drinks, editing videos, filming videos, that sort of shit." Geoff said, pointing out Final Cut on the screen of the Mac.

"Well, there might be a small problem..." I said, flustered.

"What?"

"I uh... I don't know how to use a Mac. I've used PCs all my life." I managed a scared smile while I spoke.

"Oh, that's no problem. Gavin can teach you all about Macs. But what I need from you right now is to film VS." Geoff said, obviously knowing exactly how to quell my fears.

"Sounds good man. Why don't we get going?" I said, pulling out my iPhone and hitting the camera button, both of us going to the other room.

"I like your enthusiasm." Geoff said, smiling.

It was at that moment, I knew that everything was gonna be OK from here on out.

*This story takes place in an alternate universe where Ray still works for Achievement Hunter. He still streams on Twitch, sometimes from the office. But yes, in this universe Ray still works for AH. Deal with it.*