Chapter 1

Harwhich Complex, 'The Place of Dreams'. Well, at least that's what the brochure I'm holding out in front of me says.

The complex is not far from it's description in the brochure. Closed off by large wrought iron gates, and paired with long gravel driveways leading up to houses larger than life it's not hard to see why it's described as 'the Place of dreams'

 I stand in between the middle of my parents, slim, tall and a head full of chestnut colored frizz, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll fit in with the likes of the blonde polished bombshells that reside in the same polished houses that gleamed with expensive taste.

 "Now if you may come on through" The real estate agent drawls in her thick southern accent as she leads the way through the pair of wrought iron gates. 

 "The house I will be showing you today is this one on the corner. Number 17" she gestures towards a large detached house nestled on the corner of Fairlawn Road much to the squeals and sighs of delight coming from both sides of me.

(*)

3 months later a large moving van arrives at our our current residence ready to pack the feeble amount of possessions that we own. 

Taking a last look around the room that was mine for all 17 years of my life I notice all the dents and cracks in the room that remind me of my days spent here. A broken door handle from the time my brother Danny got too angry, a chunk of wall missing over by where my bed used to sit , a remembrance of the day Suzy Lynne, my best friend, threw her phone at the wall after a nasty text from then boyfriend of the month Tommy Hitching, and finally my initials engraved into the windowsill carved over and over again after long days of boredom spent dreaming of the better life.

 "Well you're getting the better life so cheer up kiddo" I told myself as I hauled the last box out my room. 

Now you're probably wondering how on earth a kid like me who lived in a 3 bedroom apartment above the local chinese happens to be moving to a 5 bedroom dream known as number 17 Fairlawn Road. 

Well I asked myself the same question the day my dad came home from the office beaming from ear to ear. Who were we to know that he was such an asset to his company and would be now known as the CEO of "Greenhams IT solutions", the biggest IT company in the state. 

 "That's right kids, your pop is the CEO of Greenhams" he yelled as he walked through the near to broken door held up by mounds of nails and sticky tape.

Among all the celebration and chaos that soon followed, I found myself hoping that he was mistaken. That the company would withdraw his promotion, or be wrong about how much of an asset he really was. I mean this was my life for 17 years. A life of coupon clipping, and hammering nails into the front door to stop it from falling in. And now we were being told that we had enough money to live among the richest of the rich? It seemed too good to be true.

"Come on Avery" my mum yelled as she closed the back of the moving van. I walked to the beat up volkswagen that would no doubt be replaced with a flashy silver mercedes benz in due time. Placing the box on the back seat I buckled my self in as my mum pulled away from the curb.

Hi everyone, I had an idea to do this book and immediatley got to writing. I know I still have 3 other books to write, and I will continue with them but I just wanted to get this one out there. Please let me know what you think comments and votes are very welcome 

shannon :)