Chapter 1: Emancipation.

"Dad?" He looks at his father and taps him on the shoulder. Prince grunts and glances back at Princeton. "What is it Prince? I'm trying to write a song..."

  Princeton sighs. "..Could me and my friends go to a club tonight? Please?" Princeton already knew the answer to the question, but he thought maybe his father would have a change of heart.  

Prince glares at him "How many times do I have to tell you? NO." "But-" Prince interrupts him. "I told you I don't want anyone to know you're my son! It's already enough that I have to deal with."

Princeton stares at him and mumbles. "You never let me do anything.. Ever since Ma left you, you've been a jerk.." Princeton turns away from him and rolls his eyes.
Prince turns around. "Excuse me?" Princeton shakes his head. "Nothing.. Nothing..." Prince stands up and looks Princeton in the eyes. "Don't you EVER disrespect me like that in my house. You understand me?"

Princeton nods and slowly walks away. Prince sits back down and continues to write his song. He sat there staring at a blank page. He couldn't focus like he normally did. Princeton was right... 

Ever since his wife left him, he hadn't been the same. Left to raise a 15 year old boy on his own wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do. The public knew about the split. It was everywhere.

But they had no idea that Princeton was his only son. And he didn't want anyone to know. Because with popularity comes with negativity as well.
He didn't want his son to go through what he did. But he felt bad to be so harsh.. It would all be over between them tomorrow though.

He put his pen on the paper and began to write.

"This could be us.. But you be playing. This could be us. But you keep on fooling around. You're the cage to my dove, i'm just saying.."

Princeton sat on his bed kicking his feet. He picked up his phone and read the messages on his recent instagram post.

"MY BAEEE"

"I love u"

"Pimp daddy Prince"

"I see u Papi"

He enjoyed the attention very much. He didn't understand why his father disagreed. Maybe it really was because Ma left..