Prologue

A marbled tom snickered as he watched his mate flail helplessly on the ice. Her round stomach didn't help as she tried to get across the frozen river.

"You stupid tom, help me!" She growled, bristling.

Though the she-cat was expecting, she was still as snappish as ever.

"Fine, fine." He scoffed, jumping down onto the ice and sliding over to her. He gently nudged her along, his claws digging into the thin, frozen water.

"I can't decide whether I hate you or love you." Muttered the she-cat as she dragged herself onto the bank. The yellow eyed tom just shrugged.

"C'mon." He mewed, setting his tail on her back and leading her into the woods.

* * * * *

The two cats padded through the forest, rain pounding on their backs. The smaller, russet colored cat followed slowly, breathing heavily.

"I know it's hurting, Red. C'mon, the sooner we find somewhere to shelter the sooner it will be over with." Meowed the orange tom.

Red growled crossly, then hissed in pain. "It's your fault that I'm pregnant and going through this, Runner!" She snapped, her silver eyes glowing eerily in the dim lighting.

Runner rolled his eyes. "You didn't put up much of a fight...~" He meowed flirtily, smirking. Red growled. "Idiot..." She muttered, wincing.

Runner stopped and peered into a hole under a tree. "We can stay here." He meowed, flicking his tail. Red liked inside then squeezed in, her tail lashing.

The tom looked around before slipping in after her.

* * * * *

(A/N)
Short because I can't come up with much for the prologue XD