Slaughter (The Hunger Games)

(This is my own version of The Hunger Games after loving the book so much. The Capitol has stuck all of the districts together in a forest to kill or be killed. Katniss' mother has stabbed herself after seeing the death of her youngest child Prim and her Farther died years ago in a mine explosion. All that Katniss has left is young love with her boyfriend Peter. Enjoy!)

Death rang in my ears. I could still hear the piercing scream as the spear entered her body. Prim. She was gone. Just like Rue. My mum. My dad. Everything that mattered to me was gone. All that I had left was Peter...

I dodged a deathly arrow whizzing through the air, grabbed the killer and struck him with a knife, stabbing him several times to make sure he was dead. I slit his throat in the shape of a K to mark my man. A war zone surrounded me everywhere I looked. I was like a tiny ant stuck in a video game.

The Capitol did this! We will seek revenge one day. Maybe soon or years after but we will rise again! The new generation will defeat them! I can feel it in my bones. But will there be a new generation? The fun will soon be over for the capitol. They treat us like wild dogs. Running through the trees dodging knifes as I go and adding them to my backpack.