The Assignment

"And then you will return my 6 am sharp in the morning. OK? You better accomplish you task and exceed my expectations" Veronica concluded after her lengthy instructions.
Josh did not show any emotions at all. He just stood there looking all bored, taking in all the information.

What he was going to do was dangerous and against the law! It would take alot of courage to carry out this task- a task that could get him killed-a task that could see him spending his life confined in jail.

The town clock struck midnight. It was time for action. He left the dingy neighbourhood and took a 2 hour late night bus to his destination. A warehouse.

He got off the lonely bus and begun walking on the lonely road. The owls were hooting. The crickets were chirping. The icy wind was howling. A chill ran down Josh's spine. He knew he could escape and not return to Veronica, but he also knew Veronica was persistent, and would find him very soon if he tried to do so.

He finally spotted the warehouse he had been told to go to. He counted three windows. He had been told that a "package" would be awaiting for him under the third window at the back of the warehouse.

And for sure, there was a fairly large box with a picture of a computer on it. The box had the words"fragile". As instructed, he was supposed to carefully open the lid and get whatever was inside and come back with it.

Josh creeped under a window. He peeped inside. It was dark, silent, and empty. Like no one was around. He heard heavy breathing from the box.
This is when it clicked in his head that this "object" in the box was actually living thing.

As he opened the box, he panicked. He took in sharp breaths as he was afraid of what he would find.

His fingers cautiously opened the flaps, and he got his torch and peered inside the humongous box. His eyes opened in shock, and he gasped.