Cinderella

(Ella Tremaine's Point Of View)

I woke up on my bed of wood. No quilt to cover me, and no pillow to rest my head upon. Just wood, and many possible splinters. I rose from my bed to see my Evil Step-Mother beside my bed. Her Daughters not far behind her, Drizella and Anastasia. I listened for my orders. But they said nothing.

"What must I do today?" I asked.

"Clean the kitchen and the bathroom."

"Yes, my Lady."

"Also," She spoke "Clean the Cinders from your body. You must go to the market to get food."

"Yes." I answer.

Oh how I wished I could leave and never come back, but they would send the whole kingdom look for their Servant. Not their Step-Daughter and Sister.. I pulled off my sleeping rags, and pulled on my cleaning rags. I let out a sigh before pushing past my Master. They followed me to make fun of me, well at least Drizella and Anastasia did. They snorted at me washing the floors and stepped on the floor as I was cleaning, with their dirty shoes. I felt a tear stream down my face and finished cleaning the kitchen. I heard a footstep behind me and turned around quickly, it was my Step-Mother, Lady.

"Why are you leaving dirty marks on the flooring?" Lady asked quite mad.

"I'm ever so sorry, it's just with no clean clothes on when cleaning the dirt from my clothes rub off."

"Bull." Lady slapped me, hard. A tear shed down my cheek. "Now finish cleaning and head to the market."

I sped my daily cleaning ritual up a bit. I soon headed towards the town, I had to walk because of my Step-Mother's hatred towards me. She gave me enough money to gather some food for myself also. But she won't ever know I buy myself some food, It's all I get to eat all week. I see the town coming into the distance, I see the flags waving and hear everyone cheering. As i grow closer I can smell the fresh fruits and vegetables and the baked bread. I walk up to Daniel Harvard's stand which has fresh baked bread. I get 2 loafs and eat half of one, which I will stash for later. I head to get the rest if the list and turn around to see the prince making a speech.

"Hello everyone." He waves. "As most of you know I am hosting a ball at the palace and I will be finding a bride. All young unmarried maidens are eligible to come. The ball is on The 5th of September which is this coming week. It starts when the sun begins to set and ends close to when the sun is to rise." He smiles and makes his way off of the stage every girl cheering. My heart speeds up a bit and I head toward my home. I smile to myself.

(AT HOME)

"Lady! Lady!" I yell. My Step-Mother and Sisters make their way down the stairs.

"What?!" They screech simultaneously.

"The Prince is having a ball this coming week, On the 5th of September when the sun is setting. He is looking for a princess." I giggle.

"Oh my!" Lady shrieks. "We must get ready!"

"But Lady, it starts in a week." A sigh escapes my mouth.

"There is no time to waste!!"

(The 4th of September)

The ball is to start tomorrow. I rub my eye and get off of my bed. I have decided to clean the whole house so I can go to the ball tomorrow. A smile is planted on my face, I make breakfast and clean for the rest of the day.

"Why are you so happy?" Drizella asked.

"Because the ball is tomorrow," I begin "and I would love to go."

She snorts and calls for Antasia "Listen to her non-sense!" My smile fades. "She thinks she is going to the ball tomorrow how funny."

"That's adorable.." My step-mother says.