The Night Of

- Teegan's POV -

"Dad I can do it. I've done this before." I say to my father. "Okay then pull the trigger." He says. "Fine." I say

Having to shoot a rabbit is a walk in the park. Especially when your trained for much larger prey.

I pull the trigger and the rabbits head goes everywhere. Dad chuckles.

"Not bad kiddo." He says. "Dad I'm 17 years old. Treat me that way please?" I ask. "Okay I will." He says.

We walk back inside the house. Sorry half mansion half house. I don't even know what to call it. A big house I guess? I don't know...

"Lola is dinner almost ready?" My dad asks.

Here's the thing about my dad; when he's around family, he's the sweetest guy but as soon as his gang is in the house, then he's a raging Rottweiler. Scary almost but you get used to it.

"It will be ready soon. And Teegan, good shot." Lola says proudly. Lola is our maid. Like a mother to me. She's always proud of whatever it is I do.

I smile proudly. "Thanks." I say before dad hits me upside the head. "Any word yet?" Lola asks. "From?" I ask.

"Nothing Teegan. Just something I have to take care of, okay?" He says. "Fine whatever. Are you leaving town?" I ask. "Yeah. Only a week." He says.

I hate when dad leaves town.

"Alright." I say slumping over the counter.

Okay you may all be wondering, if she's the gangleaders daughter then wouldn't she be more badass? We're getting there...

"Rick!" I hear Crew barg through the front door. I put my head down on the counter. "Fuck." I whisper.

"In here!" My dad's voice says loudly. Crew's footsteps come closer and then stop. "Their out of town. We need to hit them now before it's to late!" Crew says urgently.

"It's Friday night Crew. Don't you have a party to host or get too?" I ask. I raise my head. "Sweetheart, I could have a party at the mall for all I care." Crew says leaning against the door frame.

I roll my eyes.

"And the bickering begins." Lola and dad say in unison while rubbing their temples. "That was scary." I say. "You'll get over it. See I am." Dad says.

"Rude." I mumble. "Awe is princess being talked to the wrong way?" I hear Crew coo. That's it.

I grab a knife and slam him into he wall behind him. He smirks.

"You know what? I'm sick and tired of your quick judgement comments about me. I don't like the way you talk to me period..." I get cut off.

"Hold up there sweetheart. You don't always have to have your way. Besides, I don't care. I'll talk to you however I want." He says.

He grabs my shoulders and spins so now I'm against the fucking wall. He pins my arms to my sides.

"Crew! Let me go!" I whine. "Bad girl lost her mojo." He says. "I'll never lose my mojo. Never around you." I spit.

"Crew, get off her. I'm starving." Dad says. I smirk. I push him off me and say cheekily: "Aren't you a good boy. You listen to every command."

"Fuck you Teegan." Crew says angrily. "Fuck you too Crew." I say happily.

Oh the wonderful sounds of bickering teenagers.

Crew lives with his dad next door. We kinda grew up together and in a gang. His dad is my dad's best friend.

I sit down on the chair and set the knife down. "You know better Teegan." Dad scolds. "He pissed me off." I counter. "That doesn't mean you need a knife." Lola adds. I growl. "Fine sorry dad." I say. "No to me. Crew." Dad says.

I can see the slight joy that this will bring him in his eyes.

"No way! No way in hell am I apologizing to him!" I shout. "Yes you are." Dad says sternly. "Fuck that. No way!" I protest. "Teegan." Dad says.

Oh no... he wouldn't dare!!

"You wouldn't dare." I say. "Then you better apologize to Crew." Dad says. I slight smirk on his face. I glare at him and then turn to Crew.

My glare now on Crew. He smirks. "Fuck you. I'm not actually saying it. I have my own ways of apologizing." I say nonchalently.

"Come on sweetheart. You know you want to." Crew says. "How did this go from Crew telling you something urgent to Crew and Teegan in a pissing match?" I hear Lola ask. "Their teens. What do you expect?" Dad says. I know Lola nods.

"Don't ever call me that." I spit. "What sweetheart?" Crew asks. "That." I spit again. "Nah... sorry sweetheart." Crew says with a smirk.

"I'm out of here. I need air." I say angrily. "Be back by midnight." Lola calls.

I walk out the door. I see an SUV driving. I walk down the porch steps. I hear the door open. I turn and guess who it is? The devil himself.

"What do you want Crew?" I ask. "Your dad wanted me to watch you. Um... there's been some attacks on our gang from our rival." Crew says quietly.

"Awe... are you scared?" I coo. "No." He says after clearing his throat. "Sure." I say as I turn back around.

I walk to the sidewalk and stop. I look at the SUV. It's driving pretty fast. It comes barreling towards me.

Holy shit!!!

"Crew!!!" I scream.

Then everything goes black.

- - - - - - - - - -
Hours later
- - - - - - - - - -

My eyes try to open but they can't.

The fuck is this?!?!

I try again. Their opening!!

"She's waking up!" I hear a familiar voice say. Crew. Someone grabs my hand. I look up to see the bright blue eyes of Crew.

I squeeze his hand. He half-heartedly smirks. I frown. He shrugs.

"Crew..." I say weakly. "No no no. You shouldn't talk. Not yet. Your still really weak." Crew says urgently.

I have never seen Crew look more scared in all my life. He's always been the one guy who symbolized badassness for me. He never looks scared going up against a rival gang member. But this Crew is different. He seems just like a normal guy scared for his friend. Did I just call him a friend? I don't care right now.

"What happened.... Crew....?" I ask. Something flashes across his eyes. "Um... a few rival gang members were in an SUV and they hit you." Crew says.

He sounds so sad.

"Crew... I know the last thing I said was your name...." I whisper. "That's what makes me scared. Because when you said my name, I thought for sure something really really bad was going to happen." He explains.

"Okay Mr. Badass. You need some sleep..." I say weakly. He smirks.

He pulls up a chair and sits down. He lays his head on the bed and our hands still entwined, we fall asleep.