Chapter Three

He never stopped, laughing that is, and I don't think either of us knew why. I didn't let it bother me. "So, is that a yes?" I asked seemingly confused. Apparently Nami saw that their captain wasn't going to answer, so she did so instead of him.

"Listen, Candy-san." My eye twiched at the nickname. "We'll take you back as soon as we can, but for now, we must wait for the marines, that you called, to leave." She frowned causing me to do the same.

"Or we could beat them." Zoro pulled out one of his swords and I shivered. Nami, on the other hand, punched the guy for even thinking of that. Usopp put his hand on my shaking shoulders.

"C'mon, Candy! It'll be fun if you come with us for a few days." I nodded, not really having a choice. "Right, Luffy?" Luffy readjusted the straw hat on his head and lifted his hands up in the air in excitement.

"Yeah, let's go! Woohoo!" He ran towards the head of the ship and took a seat on top of the ram's head. While Usopp turned the ship out of the port, I felt someone tug the end of my right sleeve. It was Chopper.

"Candy-san, now that you're officially a member of the crew..." His eyes, I could almost say, sparkled. "Could you make me some of that delicious blue cotton candy. Please~." I giggled at his cuteness.

"I'm sorry, Chopper. But I don't have the right means to make it. Everything's at my shop." His ears lowered in dissapointment, but he began smiling soon after, like he remembered something.

"Yeah, about that..." I heard Usopp say from behind the wheel. He seemed nervous. Chopper carefully took my hand and lead me to, what he called, a storage room. Once the door was opened, so was my mouth. These guys dared to steal from my shop?! And not just some candy, they literally took everything that Luffy hasn't eaten this morning. In the corner, I could also see my cotton candy maker. I turned to Chopper, rage in my eyes. What if I hadn't come with them?!

"You! You-" I paused, trying to find a propper insult. "Pirates!" I grabbed my hair in frustration. How could I think they were any better?!

But then it took one look towards the floor to realize it. It was this innocent ball of adorable fur they called 'doctor'. I kneeled in order to face Chopper. I wanted to blame him for everything, so when I did they exact opposite by promising him a bunch of cotton candy, I slapped myself in my mind. Stupid! Chopper squealed and ran off to tell Luffy, that punk, while I whined as this was all actually my fault. If I wasn't such a blabbermouth everything would be fine. Mom would stay at my shop and these idiots wouldn't steal everything.

I sighed and convinced myself to pour some blue sugar into the machine. After I was done, and had seven huge cotton candy sticks, I called Chopper to help me carry them out. We handed them over to everyone. I wanted to keep the extra one for myself, but that damn irresistible grin Luffy wore all the time, gave him an opportunity to eat mine as well.

"Thanks, Candy!" He put an arm around me while licking the fingers on his other hand. I blushed like mad and didn't dare to look up at him. I heard a "Shit!" behind me and when I turned around, Luffy's arm was gone. Instead, there was a huge balloon in front of me and what seemed like a cannon ball, flying towards it. When I thought about it clearly, that balloon looked familiar. I gasped when the ball hit and wondered why the others looked so calm. Suddenly the ball was flying in the other ship's direction and on the place where the balloon once was, Luffy stood.

"Is there anything you can't do?! If so tell me now." I grabbed his shoulders to make him look at me.

"Well, I bleed if someone cuts me." The boy chuckled. I stared at him in disbelief for the zillionth time that day.

"Huh, whatever." I let go of him when I saw the marines coming closer. "You can fight, right!?" Why was I so anxious? It's not like the marines were going to hurt me. Mom probably already reported the kidnapping.

Everyone smirked and I took that as an appropriate answer. Luffy pushed me through the nearest door, which just happened to be the kitchen, and shut it loudly behind me. I sighed in relief. I really didn't want to watch them fight, or worse, fight the marines myself. Shivers ran through my body, so I tried to calm down. Hearing them fight made them sound more energetic, maybe it was the sugar.

Sugar! My heartbeat sped up. How could I forget about my puppy. Then again, I haven't seen her since we arrived. After bumping my head against the wall several times, I finally gathered the courage to open the door. I left them ajar and peeked through the opening. I saw Luffy fighting some marines, from what I gathered, he enjoyed it. Same went for Zoro and Sanji who fought back-to-back. Usopp and Nami looked just as frightened as I felt, if not more. Chopper, well, he didn't look the same. If I hadn't known he was a reindeer, I might would've thought he was human, maybe.

I shook my head to stop thinking about how this was possible and focus on finding Sugar. I felt so sorry for putting her through this. My eyes scanned the whole deck and after a few minutes, of ignoring the fighting, I saw a dark shadow behind some barrels.

After taking a frying pan for defence, I opened the door wider, just so I could squeeze by, and tried to make myself as small as possible so no one would notice me. As I carefully took steps near the wooden wall towards the barrels, Luffy punched a marine and the poor man fell right on the floor beside me. When he wanted to get up, he noticed me. In a state of panic, I did the only thing I could, and that was to knock him out with my frying pan.

Luffy laughed and gave me a thumbs up, focusing all the attention on me. I quickly dropped the pan behind the man's body, to make myself seem innocent, and put on a scared face. Which wasn't hard considering I wanted to pee my pants right then and there. A big man, who looked like the marine captain began yelling.

"Stop the offence! Our priority right now is to protect the victim!" All the marines began surrounding me and now I couldn't see a thing before them. One started leading me to their ship and didn't stop, even when I resisted to my best efforts, until I was 'safe' with them.

"Wait, my puppy is still there!" They didn't listen, just fired a canon ball at Going Merry. "Stop!" Luffy didn't reverse the ball, probably because he didn't want me to get hurt.

"Miss, we can't stop until you're safe. Those were the exact orders from our captain." Tears gathered in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. Surely, Luffy won't leave before bringing Sugar to me. Right?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Hope you liked this chapter, I'll try to update this story as regularly as possible. I also want to thank everyone who up voted and commented. You guys are amazing. I accept any critique and would really appreciate feedback as this is my first story I uploaded on here. Thank you again.

~ ChocolateLuffy ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶