Chapter Sixteen

*only a preview,

full story on dreame.com

*Alejandro Cortez

My phone rings again. Andrew has called me twice but I decided to ignore the calls until I finish shopping for Analiza.

It's been a month since I've made love to her. I haven't pushed her into doing it again because she's close to her due date. I wouldn't want to hurt her or my sons.

Tomorrow is Christmas and I'm having Analiza's gift delivered to the house. I hope she likes it.

This morning when she caught me on the phone I had thought that she had heard my conversation. She didn't show any signs that she had heard so I didn't bring it up.

I already found 80% of the list that she wrote.

I never realized that pregnant women eat so much. I guess it's natural since she is eating for four people.

After finding the last thing on the list, I pay and load everything into my car.

As I'm driving home, I check my phone to see that I spent an hour and a half at the market. Hope she's not to hungry.

I'm five minutes away when my phone rings again except this time it's a message from Analiza. I unlock my phone to read it.

Goodbye, Alejandro

I frown. What does she mean?

Andrew's name flashes on the screen again.

I sigh as I answer. Before I can say anything, he yells into the phone.

"Why didn't you answer your phone!"

"I was shopping for Analiza. I didn't think it was important. What's going on, Andrew?"

He hangs up since I'm at the house.

I park the car and get out quickly. Andrew is outside waiting for me.

"She's gone. I saw her leave with luggage. What did you do, Alejandro?"

"You're joking, right?"

When he doesn't reply, I rush inside, forgetting the groceries.

"Ana?!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This chapter is dedicated to a friend, Katherineeeeeeee, for the cover at the beginning of this chapter. It's nice! Thank you!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

-Ana11e1yy