Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Wondering

Night had began to fall, and I finally made my way into some what of a shelter. Rain was beginning to pound on the roof above me. It reminded me of how much I missed Mark. His strong scent, his good morning kisses, the taste of his lips, all of it. I had high hopes that he wasn't dead, and I was scared he was. I finally fell asleep. 

The sky was painted a pastel pink, as I looked up at it. "Someday I want to fly" I let out, as I looked next to me. Mark laid next to me, smiling. 

"I just want to be with you" He rolled over and kissed me. His lips felt so real. As we released from the kiss, Mark wasn't Mark anymore. Jacks lips let go of mine, and he stared at me happily. I reacted as I would to Mark. 

"You're so sweet" I giggled, pulling him back in. 

Then I woke up. 

 Sweat rolled down my face. I must have been startled by someone, because night was still upon me. I could hear walking and talking. A familiar voice. I stood up from the place I was in, and stepped outside slowly. The walking and talking got louder. I turned around to see a imprint of a muscular body. I began to walk towards it, till the imprint was clear. Mark and Wade began walking towards me. He stopped, as we noticed each other.

"Sophie?" He said, shocked. 

"Mark!" I yelled running up and hugging him. We sat in a embrace for moments. His warm safe arms, and the fact that he was conscious was enough for me. He ran his wet hands up my back, pulling me in closer. I looked up at him, and kissed him. This time the kiss didn't end. He slowly began to bring his hands down to my waist, propping my torso against his. I pulled back.

"We shouldn't do this now" I said, breathing heavily. He let go of my waist, but grabbed my hand. 

"I'm glad you decided to stop" a voice said in the mist of the rain. 

"Oh yeah. Wade's here" Mark laughed, looking down at me. 

"Wade. What are you doing here?" I giggled. Then it hit me. I had to tell Mark about Jack, some how.

"D23 Expo was this week. Me and Molly decided to detour around" He smiled. 

"Mark, I have to tell you something" I swallowed hard. He looked down at me. "I ran into someone here" I stopped. "I ran into Jack" I said looking at wade. Mark shifted, putting his arm around me. "Mid way...He was killed" I said. Silence filled the streets. 

"Oh" Mark said, pretty much speechless. "I think we need some sleep" He said, changing the subject. Mark whipped his face, and started to head into the shelter. As we were about to go to sleep, Mark looked at me. "I'm so happy I found you" He said, pulling me closer to him. I laid on his chest. 

"Goodnight Mark" I said, closing my eyes.