Chapter 2

I’m leaning against the door frame, just watching Camila scrolling down her Tumblr dashboard as she sits pretzel style on my bed.

It had been about two months since my breakup with Keaton. And believe it or not, I’m actually okay. I’m not angry. I’m not sad. I don’t miss him.

It happened and I’m over it. Do I regret my relationship with Keaton?

No.

At one point, I truly did love him. But if it were meant to be, I would be hurting.

And I’m not.

Without warning, Camila interrupts my thoughts by busting into a fit of giggles and throwing herself backward on the bed.

“What are you laughing at?” I ask with a smile, slightly amused.

She shoots herself upright and looks at me, “I was just thinking of the time when we forgot Dinah in the car!”

I chuckle at the thought of this.

She walks over to me and leans a shoulder against my open door.

“I remember the first thing she said when we opened the door,” I reach forward and lightly pick up a lock of her hair, twirling it in my fingers.

“Dang dawgs, that ain’t even cool! Ya’ll are bLOCKED!” We repeat together in our Dinah voices. We started busting out laughing again.

Our laughter slowly dies and I move my hand from the hair laying across her shoulder. I trail my fingers down her arm and twine my fingers with hers.

I look at her, and take in a deep breath. I’ve always noticed, but today in particular, she looks stunning. She is so beautiful… “You are so beautiful,” I whisper.

She blushes and takes a step towards me. “You’re gorgeous.” She takes a step towards me and removes her hand from mind. I almost reach for it again but she puts it on my waist. Our bodies are almost inches apart and I can hear her breathing. “Don’t listen to anyone who tells you different.” she whispers.

“Camz…” She leans her head toward me and without thinking, I lean in too.

I close my eyes, preparing for our lips to meet. Preparing for our lips to meet?

My eyes flutter open slightly when she doesn’t move. It looks like she’s asking for my permission.

This is Camila. I don’t… How can this be happening?

I feel her hand fingers toying with the skin between my top and jeans. I see the look in her big brown eyes. It’s a combination of fear, hope and… love.

That’s all that I need. I close my eyes and suddenly, I’m no longer standing in my bedroom with Camila Cabello, my best friend, who’s about to kiss me. I’m on cloud nine and Camila Cabello, the loving, beautiful goddess is about to press her lips to mine.

I put my hand on her cheek, giving her my permission without words.

The fear in her eyes evaporates.

Her eyes close and mine follow suit. I take in a breath of anticipation. This could change everything.

But the second that her lips are on mine, every one of my fears evaporate.

Her lips are so soft. And they’re gentle against mine. She uses her arm on my waist to pull me against her fully. It’s not a gesture driven by lust, but one driven by a desire for closeness.

My lips move against hers and I struggle to keep the kiss sweet when her fingers begin to roam up my back, under my shirt.

Once again, the movement is only for the purpose of contact; feeling my skin against hers.

But this time it throws me into a frenzy.

I can tell she’s shocked as I push her against the door frame, my hands on her hips.

It takes her a second, but she responds. Her hands move further up under my shirt, gripping the backs of my shoulders as she deepens the kiss.

I push my hips into hers and she moans in response. I don’t want to go too far too fast, so I pull away slowly. Her hands move out of my shirt and to her sides, but I keep mine where they are.

Our breathing is ragged, we’re fighting to get air into our lungs but somehow I don’t care.

Once we’ve caught our breath, she looks at me with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. Swollen lips and slightly tousled hair. Her eyes are bright and my heart swells knowing that I made her look like that.

I’m positive that my expression matches hers.

“Laur… what does this-” I shake my head, cutting her off.

“This is just…” I remove one hand so that I can take one of hers; I place it directly over my heart. “This is… us.”

“Us.” she repeats in a whisper.

“Us.” I say again to clarify, smiling at her.

She grins in response and I lean in, placing a sweet kiss on her gorgeous lips.

Us.

Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello.

Who knew?