Chapter 1: Starbucks

It was a moday morning, and not a very bright one may I add. I started off the day messily, for I woke up late for work, which earned a scolding, burnt my tea, forgot to fill the car with gas, and get this, I am also having the worst hair day, in history of bad hair days. All this in one morning truly wasn't the most pleasant way to start my day, which lead to my unpleasant mood.

The bell rung, signaling the entrance of a customer, which leads me to the introduction of my current location, a Starbucks, located a few blocks away from my apartment.

I quickly moved towards the back, not wanting to commence an actual conversation with anyone in particular.

"Louis" a high, feminine voice called, and I turned around as quick as possible knowing that voice from anywhere.

I sighed a bit, as I moved closer towards her "Yes Eleanor?"

She batted her eyes, as she frowned slightly, in pity.

"Look, I understand you aren't having the greatest day today, but that doesn't mean you can escape work and hide in the back"

I huffed, feeling a bit disappointed in myself, and smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I'll get back to work"

She smiled, as she gave me a thumbs up and headed back into her small office, I slowly made my way back into the front, taking notice of a man standing there, with a look of uncertainty as he stared up upon the menu board.

I stepped a bit closer, and noticed the man wasn't exactly a man, he appeared to be a teenager, maybe in his early 20s at most wearing the tightest skinny jeans, and a gray sweater. He took notice of my presence as his eyes shifted from the menu towards my face, he smiled.

"Hey, uh-" he spoke, as his sentence went unfinished and his eyes diverted towards my nametag "-Louis, hey Louis do you think you could help me?"

I acknowledged him as I hummed in approval, it was my job of course.

He smiled once again, "Well, uh, I am not very good when it comes to choices per say, and I don't know where exactly I should start" he stopped, as he pointed to the menu board "seeing as you guys have a large selection of choices, I was wondering what you would recommend?"

I chuckled, seeing as he had the most serious expression on his face while saying so.

"My apologies mate, but I don't believe I would be of much help, I don't really know the menu myself if we're being honest"

He grinned, as his lips moved once again, "Well, how about this? I buy both you and I a cup and you join me on this very exciting quest of experiencing every choice on the menu"

I smirked, "Is this a challenge-"

"Harry, the name is Harry"

I shook my head in approval.

"So, Harry. Is it?"

"Is it what?"

"A challenge, this quest of yours, is it a challenge?"

He shook his head shyly.

"It depends"

"On?"

"On whether you say yes or not"

"Oh? And what if I say no?"

He pouted disappointedly.

"Well, that wouldn't be very pleasing. I recommend a yes"

I laughed, smiling very brightly as I did so.

"Well, in that case how can I possibly say no? I accept"

He beamed, the whole room seeming to radiant as he did so.

"Two, vanilla bean frappuccinos please!"

.