Prologue

The laughter and screams of joyful children fill the air of the playground of the most popular daycare in Jeansadore city. We watch as we turn our attention to a little, yet special girl that starts off our story. Her brown hair lightly swaying in the wind as she fiddles with her fingers, feeling oh so lonely in the world. Dear little Riley Baker, without a friend in the universe.

Two girls dressed in pink and covered in jewelry walk by her and scoff as they whisper.

"Ugh, there's the freak." The blond says as she whispers to her little follower.

"Who wants to hang around with a creep like that." The follower said as she tried to keep up with the blond. They laugh together as they walk on as their feet slightly sank in the rocks and dirt, making it difficult to walk, but easy to hear them screech an insult each other every time they are about to fall.

Riley rolls her eyes while watching the two bicker and fuss with the ground. Riley was about to go back to twiddling and fiddling with her fingers till she heard a familiar voice yell in fear.

Fear.

That word reminded her of someone. She was so deep in thought that she didn't know that she was about to get tackled in moments to come.

"Ah! Spider! Spider! Help!" A little boy yelped and squeeled, yet no one would bother to help. This boy was known mostly as Tyler Ivany.

His red hair, freckles, pale skin and green eyes easily stood out in the playground. He had many nicknames, for starters, the Phobia kid, the scaredy cat, Fearly Quin! Most of his nicknames were ridiculouse, but the kids thought it suit him just fine.

He continued to Rampage thought the playground as he runs straight for Vanessa Wong. A kind yet completely pink and purple crazy girly girl that could never even think of the word 'dirt' without gagging. She played with her dark jet black hair with purple and pink streaks as her brown eyes sparkled in the light.

She was about to run for the swings till... Wam! She got tackled by Tyler! The two twisted turned and bickered until... Wam! Once again they land on a child, Riley this time was the target. Seconds later they all fall to the ground.

As Riley got up she kept her eyes closed, knowing that if she opened them once more she would have a wave of embarrassment wash over her. But she had no choice. She opens her eyes to find herself inches away from a red faced Tyler, he gazed into her eyes as she gazed into his normal ones. She quickly gets up but tumbles over and lands beside Vanessa.

Riley couldn't help it, she laughed so hard that the others had to join in. Their laughs joined the rest as they layed there on the ground staring up at the clouds.

Riley pushes herself up and turns over to Vanessa who is a staring at her in shock. Riley grabs her hand and pulls her up into a siting position. Vanessa doesn't break her gaze off of Riley's eyes. Due to embarrassment, she looks away and finds herself looking in the direction of a shocked Tyler. He stared into her eyes once again. With all the courage he had, he finally had enough to talk to Riley.

"Uh... Uh, hi... I-I'm T-T-Tyler." He gives her a small shy wave and then seconds later pretends he didn't exist. Vanessa on the other hand perks up and stares at the two.

"Eghem! You guys obviously know who I am." She says as she
places her hands on her hips and acts like a sassy diva.

The two give her looks and eyes full of confusion. Vanessa scoffs
and sighs in defeat. "I'm Vanessa." She holds out her hand to Riley. Riley is cautious but after a moment she finally accepts it and shakes it frantically.

"I'm Riley!" She says with a big bright smile.

Vanessa smiles back but stares into Riley's eyes once more.

"Why are your eyes so..." Vanessa points to Riley's face.

"Orange?" Riley finished. "I know, I'm a freak..." Riley looks down to the ground twiddling and fiddling with her fingers once more.

Tyler comes back to reality and puts a hand on her shoulder. "No, no, they're... I think they're beautiful." Riley looks up to him and gives him a big smile which makes his heart flutter.

Vanessa looks at Tyler suspiciously, but shrugs it off. "Hey Riley... and Tyler... You wanna come play over at the swings with me?" Vanessa continues to eye the innocent Tyler.

"Um..." Riley starts, so unsure, but Vanessa takes her hand and drags her over. Tyler is left there clueless and running after them.

The three friends play till the Bell rings, knowing that that as the start of their new friendship.