Chapter Four

Kayla's POV

I woke up on a metal floor. My head ached. I propped myself up with my arms. My left arm was hooked up to an IV and my right was bandaged and bloody. What was going on? What had happened? Why am I in- a hovercraft? The same kind of aircraft that took me to the Games. The Games. Lloyd.

"Lloyd" I whispered to myself. Where was he? "Lloyd?" I called a little louder.

A door beside me opened, blinding me with a bright light. "I'm glad you're awake," a male voice said.

"Where am I?" I asked. "Where's Lloyd?"

"He's fine," the man said. "You're safe. You're on a hovercraft headed away from Chen's island."

"We'll be landing soon on the west coast of Ninjago. We'll be safe there," another older man said.

I stood silently. I couldn't believe what was happening. "This is all just a dream. No," I said. "A nightmare. When I wake up, I'll be back at home in my bed."

The two men glanced at each other. One of them sighed and bit his lip while the other rested his arm on the small table in front of them.

"If this isn't a dream," I said, "how am I not in the arena? I'm supposed to be dead."

"We saved you along with Lloyd," one of the men said. "We couldn't save the other two. They're on Chen's island."

"Why are you headed away from his island? There are good people there who need help." I said.

"We couldn't afford it," one man said. "We were almost caught when we went back for you."

I shook my head and closed my eyes. "This is all just a bad dream. When I wake up, I'll still be in bed in my home."

One of the men sighed, shook his head, and then walked into another room. What's going on?