Hello Nebraska

The plane ride felt long and endless but part of me never wanted it to end because I knew once it ended reality would set in when I got off the plane I'd be in a place that was completely foreign to me. I hand to start everything over, make new friends, get to know where everything is, go to a new school, figure out who's who and who I should and shouldn't talk to. I had to start a square one and take it one step at a time.

The plane finally landed after 4 and a half hours. I grabbed my stuff from the over head compartment. I took a deep breath before exiting the plane. "Here goes nothing." I say to myself as I take the first step off the plane and into reality.

As soon as I got off my Aunt was there waiting for me. I hadn't seen her in forever but she still looked the same as the last time I saw her. She came running up to me and pulled me in for a hug. "Dana it is so good to see you. I've missed you like crazy. Its been almost two years since I last seen you and I am just so happy that you're here." I could tell by the look on her face that wasn't faking anything. When she pulled me in for the hug I felt a sign of relief. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. It didn't feel like home but I knew my Aunt would do her best to make this seem like home. But there was just something about the way she held me in her arms. It felt like when you've been holding your breath and then you blow out all the air. It felt like I was free. Her and I just had this instant bond. I felt so close to her like a mother daughter type relationship.

Once I got my suitcase, my aunt and I left the airport and headed to her house. My aunt and I talked the whole way. We talked about everything you could think of. From family and friends to books and movie to school to tv shows. We talked about old boyfriends and the latest fashion trends and makeup. I could already tell that living with her wasn't going to be so bad. I had met my Aunt many times before but I finally am getting to know her personally. I never really had any type of relationship up until now.

After a half hour drive from the airport we finally got to my aunts house. It was similar to mine back at home big and beautiful. Her and I got out of the car taking my suitcase from the back. I followed behind her as we made our way to the front door. When we got there she turn around to look at me.

"Are you ready to see your new home?" she asks me. "Yes I'm ready."