Chapter 1: First Two Days at the Town

Dave and Mariel were in a bus travelling to Oregon Vortex. Since the time that the summer vacation is nearly coming, they always thought that staying with their uncle at the town would be so boring.

"Here we go, at Oregon Vortex which sounds pretty weird". Dave said. "Well it looks exciting for me. Let's go!" Mariel said excitedly. "Alright. I'm coming." Dave said unlively.

As they entered the MYSTERY SHACK or their uncle's house together with his souvenir shop, they felt a bit strange.

"Welcome to the Mystery Shack!" Uncle said surprisingly. "Can we have a tour?" Mariel asked curiously. "So, here I have my living room and it's connected to the kitchen so if ever I watch TV, I can easily get some snacks and as you can notice, it's pretty small." Uncle Sam said. "Where's the shop? I wonder if what kind of stuffs are you selling." Mariel asked. "It's in this door. C'mon!" Uncle Sam said.

"Wow! Cool.. Hey-why is there a jar full of eyeballs here?" Mariel said. "Well in my shop, we sell unique and exotic products. And here we have the clothes section." Uncle Sam replied. "And there's a vending machine! Cool! Let's try it Dave!" Mariel said excitedly. "Just try it by yourself. I'm getting tired and I need to get some sleep. And by the way, where's our bedroom?" Dave said.

Dave really seemed to be so tired since from the time they arrived.

"Your bedroom is upstairs. You really look weary. Go get some sleep now while me and Mariel have fun and enjoy this day." Uncle Sam said. "Oh yeah! Your'e gonna miss all the fun! " Mariel said teasingly.

Uncle Sam and Mariel went to the coffee kiosk to have some refreshing coffee. Uncle Sam shared his stories to Mariel.

"You know kid, I have something to tell you." Uncle Sam said in a low voice. "What is it?" Mariel said. "You know, this place is full of mysteries. Oregon Vortex is really called The Town of Mysteries." He said. "What kind of mysteries happen here?" Mariel asked. "You'll know when the time comes." Uncle Sam said.

Mariel stood up and was wondering if her uncle is coming with her.

"You coming uncle?" Mariel asked. "No. Just go home by yourself. Just go straight until you see our house." He said. "Okay. Take care." Mariel said.

In Uncle Sam's mind

They'll find out soon if what kind of mysteries happen here at Oregon Vortex. I hope they're ready for that.

Their Uncle Sam went home lately after the coffee kiosk has closed. All the time, he's been thinking about what would happen to the kids sooner or later.

*sigh* "Finally at home. I wonder if they are already asleep." Uncle Sam said.

He went upstairs to check on Dave and Mariel if they're already asleep.

The next morning, Dave woke up early since he slept early as well. He's finding something to eat in the refrigerator. He found some pancakes and freshmilk. He had some walk around the town. "I really have a feeling that this town is a bit weird and full of mysteries. Just look at that man jogging just bumped into a post unconciously." Dave said while he's talking to himself.

While Dave is on a walk, Mariel and his Uncle Sam suddenly woke up.

"Uncle Sam! Have you seen Dave? He's not here!" Mariel said while panicking. "Calm down Mariel. He can't be far away. Let's just find him around the town." Uncle Sam said. "But this town is way too big!" Mariel said. "You know Mariel, stop thinking about negative thoughts. It just make things complicated." Uncle Sam advised. "You know, you do have a point." Mariel said. "Let's go find him." Uncle Sam suggested.