Chapter 3: The Invisible Mysteries of the First Journal

Next morning, Dave and Mariel woke up 11:00 am. After waking up, they ate their breakfast quickly. Then, they requested something to their uncle.

"Uncle, can we buy an invisble pen light?" Dave said. "Where the heck can we buy that thing?" Uncle Sam said. "We can try at the town square. There are many stores and shops in there. Maybe we could find one of those." Mariel suggested. "Let's go to the car. The town square is really way too far." Uncle Sam said.

Uncle Sam drove the car to the townsquare. They found a parking lot perfect for a shade.

"Now let's see.. Oh how bout' there?" Mariel said. "PEN N' LIGHTS SHOP.. looks good for me." Dave said.

They went inside the shop and looked for an invisible pen light.

"Isn't it this one?" Uncle Sam asked. " Well.. Yes it is." Dave said. "How much for this ms.?" Mariel asked. "A hundred dollars. If you are thinking that the price is high, well it's because the battery placed for the light can last up to two months. You can replace it if you want." The cashier said. "Here you go." Uncle Sam said as he gave the money.

The twins became excited to try it on the journal especially Dave. They went home and gave it a try.

"Here goes nothing.." Dave said. "Hey look, it worked! Yeah!" Mariel said. "Woah. This journal really has a lot of mysteries. Based on my understanding, the invisble pen ink written in the journal is the key to that certain thing or creature. I mean it contains significant info about the certain thing or creature." Dave said.

The twins went outside to wait for Luke and Glenda. They came after a few minutes.

"Guys look! We already found the answer in unlocking the other mysteries written in the journal." Dave said. "That's great Dave." Luke said. "So how did you guys know it?" Glenda asked. "Dave is good in thinking. He just squeezed his brain." Mariel said.
"You're one smart guy." Luke said. "Look at those crowd coming to the shop." Glenda said.
Again, they earned a lot of money because of the crowd.

"Uncle Sam! Look how many money we earned today." Mariel said. "That's really a lot of money." Uncle Sam said. "Can we buy an accessory?" Mariel asked. "What kind?" Uncle Sam said. "I want a bracelet." Mariel said. "I want a pocketwatch so that wherever I go, I can see the time." Dave said. "Okay let's go to the town square." Uncle Sam said. "I hope they're not in there." Mariel said.

The three went to the town square. Luckily, the Southwest family is not there.

"Can you see them Dave?" Mariel asked. "I'm pretty sure they're not here." Dave said. "Let's just enter the accessory shop." Uncle Sam said.

The three entered the accessory shop. Dave and Mariel was surprised after seeing the perfect design for their chosen accessory.

"Uncle Sam! We want this!" Mariel shouted. "Hey ms! How much for this bracelet and pocketwatch?" Uncle Sam shouted. "450$ for the bracelet and 500$ for the pocketwatch." The cashier said. "Seriously? Why is it so expensive?" Uncle Sam asked. "It's expensive because it's got rose quartz and sapphire in it. It's hard to get gemstones." The cashier said. "Okay here's my money." Uncle Sam said as he gave the money.

Dave and Mariel were so happy after Uncle Sam paid for it. They thanked him a lot.

"Thank you-thank you-thank you!" Mariel said. "Nah.. This is nothing. Just for you two." Uncle Sam said. "Thanks uncle." Dave said with a smile on his face.

The three went home to the Mystery Shack. Dave and Mariel waited for Luke and Glenda. In a few minutes, the two came.

"Hey dudes! Check out my new belt. It's got a shiny amethyst in the center." Glenda said. "And check out my new hat. It's got an emerald at the top of it." Luke said. "That's great guys. Check out my bracelet! It's got rose quartz for a shiny effect." Mariel said.