chapter twelve - First time in Miami (2/2)

• Dedicated to Charlotte Marie

                                                                         FIRST TIME IN MIAMI

Part 2/2

               The next morning Tony and I were having breakfast wherever they held it, I don't recall the name they gave to that place. They were serving it as a buffet and we had a large various choice of food laid to us.

     “I don't know how they want us to eat all that!” I commented.

     “I doubt that they want us to eat all of it Joe,” Tony stated, “they would be broke by the end of the week if everyone did. Why? You not feeling hungry?”

     “Yesterday’s dinner was so filling!”

     “It's called Ethiopian food.”

     “Right. I think I had enough for the week!”

     “Great, It'll save me the money,” he said before heading to get more food. I wondered how he was capable of eating that much food.

               When he got back I asked him what he meant by 'save me the money'.

     “Won't I be paying you back?” I asked.

     “Sure, if you want to,” he replied, “For the hotel, it's almost free, you know, because of the shares my company owns.”

      “Oh true, that's right.” I forgot about that part.

     “It does financially help, not to mention the benefit out of it,” he informed.

     “Certainly does.”

     “Anyway, I was wondering, do you have any cocktail dress in you bags with you, or anything of hat kind?”

     “Er...no, I don't. Was I supposed to bring one?” To tell say the truth, I never had one.

     “No, it's that, I was planing on going to the Casino, there's one not to far from here, and there are friends of mine who are going to be there,” he told me.

     “Oh!” That caught me off guard, “sorry, I don't have any attire to match that kind of event, I'm terribly sorry,” I apologized.

     “It's fine. Would you let me go through your cloths, I often find things you wouldn't even think to wear at certain events.”

     “If you insist.”

     “I do,” he chuckled.

     “But before you do that, I'll tidy my room.” Rather keep my undergarments from his eye.

     “No problem.”

     “I'll do that, while you finish devastatingthe buffet.”

     Tony chuckled, “'Kay.”

                Right when I finished putting everything in order in my room, I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

     “Come in!” I cried out.

     “So, let's see what we've got here,” Tony said while entering my room.

               After spending fifteen minutes appraising my wardrobe, he finally concluded.

     “Yeah, you're right, there's nothing in here that would suit a casino evening.”

     “I want to tell you 'I told you so' but too kind to do that.”