Romantic Getaway

Robbie laid on his back on his side of the bed, looking up at Mark who was sat up against the headboard, the constant noise of a pencil on paper coming from the pad he had on his lap. Mark, clearly, hadn't yet noticed that Robbie was awake, staring at him, as he scribbled on the bit of paper. There was a look on concentration on Mark's face which Robbie found endearing to watch and he couldn't bring himself to look away.

All of a sudden, the look on Mark's face changed slightly to one of frustration as his hand moved faster along with the pencil. Robbie looked at him with slight concern. He knew Mark had been feeling slightly stressed lately, but it still worried him when he struggled to settle at night.

Mark suddenly stopped scribbling and put his head on the pad he had been drawing on. Robbie sat up and wrapped an arm around the smaller man, pulling him into a one-armed hug. Mark looked up then, turning his head to look at Robbie's, somewhat, concerned face.

"You OK?" Robbie asked gently.

"Yeah, just tired, I guess." Mark replied. "I thought you'd gone to sleep,"

"I had, but the sound of your bloody pencil woke me up!" Robbie smiled at him and Mark made an effort to smile back.

"Sorry, I couldn't sleep." Mark told him.

"Thought you said you were tired?"

"I am, but I guess I'm overtired." Mark admitted, resting his head on Robbie's shoulder.

"I can see that." Robbie nodded. "You've been Mr. Grumpy for the last three days." Mark looked up at him and swatted him with his hand. "Ow! What was that for?"

"I have not been grumpy for the last three days!" Mark narrowed his eyes only making Robbie grin down at him.

"No, suppose not... must be a week, then." The grin on his face was quickly wiped off when Mark hit his arm a second time.

"Shut up," Mark said, clearly not amused by this at all. Still, Robbie could detect slight hints of laughter behind Mark's tired looking eyes.

"All right, all right." Robbie put his hands up in defence. "Anything to stop you from hitting me."

Mark smiled, satisfied that he had won and cuddled up to Robbie, wrapping an arm around his waist. Robbie shook his head slightly before wrapping his arm back around Mark and placing a kiss to his hair. At that, Mark sighed contently and closed his eyes, feeling himself start to drift off.

Robbie looked down at him and smiled. He looked like he needed a break from everything: work, schedules, deadlines, and Robbie had just the idea to get Mark away from all that for a couple of days.

"Mark," Robbie said, gently shaking him. Mark groaned, not yet completely asleep, but didn't open his eyes. "Mark, wake up a sec." Robbie said, shaking him again. Mark groaned again but this time opened his eyes and looked up at Robbie.

"I finally find it in myself to be able to get some sleep and you wake me up." Mark moaned at him. "What's so important that it couldn't wait until morning?" He asked, briefly lifting his head off Robbie's shoulder to look at him before settling back down again.

"Were you planning on sleeping sitting up then?" Robbie asked.

"You would have lain me down eventually." Mark said, closing his eyes.

"Hey, don't go back to sleep now." Robbie said, shaking Mark to keep him awake.

"Then get on with it."

"Tomorrow's Friday, right?" Robbie asked.

"Yes, I believe so. Why?"

"How about tomorrow evening, you and I pack up and spent the weekend somewhere?" Robbie suggested.