.dos.

.dos.

Chel led Hector in the direction of her village, which was a long walk from where she found him. The island they lived in was divided into four main parts. There was the west side of the island, where the village was located, the south was an abandoned area where Chel often went to gather clams for their beautiful pearls. Her family had been clam hunting in the west for years and had taken most of them. But she had found there was an abundance of them in the south, and went every three days. With the pearls, her father would craft them into jewelry and sell them to the village merchant who would leave the island on his boat once a month to visit the mainland. To Hector's luck, it was a hunting day for Chel and she had been in her small boat when she saw the plane crash into the ocean.

In the east was an abandoned village, decades old.

The islanders had moved away from there long ago because it was right in the hurricane zone. No one had lived there since. Its sole use was to exile people who had committed crimes, but most people on the island were nice to each other all the time.

And in the north was a vast forrest, with all kinds of creatures and fruit trees. Only the men of the village were allowed there, because they would hunt for food.

As the two approached the village, Hector lost his balance on the hot sand and stumbled forward. On his way down, he seemed to knock over Chel and fell on top of her. He was able to catch himself on his hands before he could completely crash into her.

"Sorry." He apologized, and motioned to move off her when someone spotted them.

"Its okay-" She started, but was interrupted by a booming voice.

"Hey, get off her!" He called, and Chel froze beneath Hector when she heard who it was.

He was Coyotl, a young man from the village that her parents had arranged for her to marry. But Chel wasn't interested in him. He was dressed like most of the other males in the village, wearing only swim trunks due to the tropical climates, and his hair was long and wavy.

Before Hector even had time to react, Coyo was already there and he pushed the footballer off Chel. He helped her to her feet while Hector laid out in the sand, wincing in pain.

Gasping in worry, Chel knelt by Hector's side and looked up at Coyo with a glare. "What is wrong with you? He's injured! His plane crashed into the ocean and he needed my help." Turning back to Hector, she cupped his face in her hands and said sweetly, "I'm so sorry about that. Are you feeling worse?"

Coyo ran a hand through his hair and crinkled up his nose in embarrassment. "Sorry, Ixchel. I thought he was attacking you. How did you want me to react?"

"Either way, I can take care of myself." She argued.

Hector winced in pain. "I'm fine." He assured her. But she knew he was lying.

What he wanted most was to get to the mainland, to a phone, so that he could call his family and let them know he was safe. By now they had probably heard of the crash on the news and were worried about him.

Grabbing one of his arms, Chel wrapped his arm around her shoulders and tried to help him get back on his feet. "We need to get him to my mother so she can check for mayor injuries." She told the young man who also lived on the island. "I already checked him myself, but no one can make a better observation than my mother. Then I'm going to need you to ask your father if we can borrow his boat to get him to the mainland. He's a very important person and they'll be looking for him."

"He just got back from there yesterday." Coyo pointed out. "Your friend is going to need to wait at least a month to go there. Its a long and tiresome trip."

"But I need to go there as soon as possible." Hector urged them, getting back on his feet with a struggle. "If you help me, I can pay you. Anything you want, I can get it for you when we land in the United States. But I need to get to the main land today."

Coyo laughed at Hector's words. "Unless you have a magic boat, you will not get there today or tomorrow. Its a trip of two to three days. My dad may do it for a fee, but he'll need the money up front. You know how he is." As he said the last sentence, he looked right at Chel. She knew everyone in the village and knew Coyo's father was the wealthiest man on the island, and he was greedy as well.

The tan skinned footballer shook his head. "I don't have any money on me right now. I lost everything in the crash. But when we get to the mainland I can get you money, as much of it as you want, I promise. I'm on the Mexican national team-"

The merchant's son shook his head. "Next time the boat leaves La Hermosa is in a month. If you don't have any money right now, you'll just have to wait until then."

Hector thought about his options, which were not many. He could try swimming there, but it would be useless. The main land was miles away and in the state he was in, he wouldn't make it very far. Then he thought he could build his own boat, but he didn't know the first thing about building or boats. He could wait and maybe, just maybe, people would be looking for him. But what were the odds that they would find the tiny island in the middle of the gulf? The last alternative was to wait a month, and hope they would be willing to take him to the mainland.

He would go with the last option. And he would have to make the best of his stay at La Isla Hermosa.

But one month separated from the outside world, from his family, his friends, and football, felt like a very long time. He would miss out on so many things, including the Gold Cup tournament.

The world would continue without him, while he was to spend one month isolated from everything.

-

poor hector, just his bad luck. just thought i would post an update on here, because its been such a long time since i uploaded one. i hope you all like the story. thank you so much for reading.

blessings, clary xx