foreword

For everyone scared to take a chance. Sometimes we need a little push to reach for what we want. 

This is no story about love. This is a story about life and fate and finding your way. This is about reaching for your dreams and letting everything else fall into place

Some people just know who they're going to be ten years from now. When I was ten, I thought I would be one of those people. I thought it was written in the stars that I would be the president of the United States. I was practically made to argue and knew every state's capital (without having to sing the song). When I was fifteen, I picked up a paintbrush to fufil my high school's fine art requirement and fell head over heels in love. The feeling I got in my chest every time my brush hit canvas changed everything. 

I may not have been one of those people who knows, but Flynn was. It was like he was born to be exactly the same person for his entire life. He used to joke that he held a guitar before he held his bottle. I thought he was incredible

When I met him, I saw a boy with table manners and a heart of gold. I had no way of knowing he would be the best-worst thing that's ever happened to me. 

The boy with the promise of amazing and the girl who would stop the world for him. 

Everyone could see how completely and tragically I loved him. I was not one of them. I would do anything for him and all he had to do was ask. All he had to do was stay

I lost him as soon as I found him, before I even got the chance to have him. If I would have been with him, in the way we could have been, maybe he would have stayed. Maybe he would have found a reason to. 

But he didn't. And it broke my heart. 

And just when I thought I had mended it, he came barreling back in like a wrecking ball and ruined everything.