Where is my Alexander?

Ignoring the scorching heat of summer on a Friday morning of March, I rushed without an umbrella towards my next class. I have to admit, I hate being under the sun without protection. Well, who doesn’t?

That’s why I’m walking fast-paced while keeping my head down, I was so startled when a hand touched my shoulders and said, “Hey Jenny, I heard from Marcus on facebook that your Alexander is about to have a date with you soon… Looks like you were really right about that Alexander thingy!”

it was Pressila, but I rather call her Pressy, because it describes her better, too ‘pressy’ on such topics and rumors. She’s the student government president of Stella Maris High School, I bet she’s the most outgoing and upbeat person I’ve ever known.

She nudged me teasingly on the elbow after what she said. I faked a giggle. “Umm, yeah. He set me up on a blind date with someone he knew named Alexander.” I tried beaming my sweetest smile on her, and I think it worked because of what she said next, “You know, I might reconsider your ideals about soul mates and destiny. Maybe your theory about your ‘Alexander thingy’ is right. Good luck girl!”

She jogged her way towards the student government office, and I yelled “Thank you Pressy!” upon her abrupt farewell, she waved at me and blew me a flying kiss. I shook my head and smiled, this time for real but that immediately faded as I think about our conversation.

Clearly, I am just fooling myself and my friends with my stupid idea of love. I think I’ve gone overboard with my obsession, I don’t know what to do if they finally find out about this.

It all began when the school started this year, I had recurring dreams about a guy named ‘Alexander’ and each night at my sleep he never fail to sweep me off my feet. I always look forward to sleep instead of spending hours and hours browsing the internet just like I used to.

The magical spell  lasted for a month and when it stopped, it feels like a heartache, I feel incomplete. I was too consumed with his presence that I almost felt like he was really a part of my life, despite the fact that I don’t even remember how he looks like each time I wake up. 

I told my friends about this and that I’m certain I’m about to meet him before school ends but they think it was crazy and that it’s impossible. I don’t know what got into my mind but  I think I’ve gone desperate, I want them to believe me and I want to prove them I can find that Alexander.

I often use my cousin Marcus’ abandoned facebook account, since he’s not interested in using it anymore and started adding schoolmates. I chat with them just for fun looking at how different girls react when chatting with the opposite sex. Admittedly, my cousin is quite a gorgeous guy. I think it’s because of the perfect white teeth and great built.He’s a perfect epitome of “Tall, Dark and Handsome”, but he’s such a slacker and we always end up fighting because I think he likes it when I’m mad.

One night, while I was using his account, Pressy started PM’ing, asking if I or rather, Marcus really know a guy named Alexander. I responded and lied to my friend telling that Marcus is going to set up a date for us.  I felt terrible afterwards, but couldn’t take the courage to tell her the truth.

For sure, Pressy’s going to tell the news to everyone. This would be a huge disaster and it has been my fault. The classes went by in a haze, most probably because I kept on thinking about what to do with my current dilemma.

After the end of my last class, I went to the highest point in our school, the fourth floor of Centrus Bldg. enveloped by two smaller building. People say this school is the greatest in town, in terms of academics and aesthetics. I feel less troubled like this, alone, enjoying lush green sceneries in distance, and breathing some fresh air.