eleven.

We arrive at the hospital in ten minutes, and I am rushed into the emergency area. Trauma doctors flood into my room, and begin to assess my injuries. "Alright, gunshot wound in upper leg, lost one and a half liters of blood, maybe more." One of them says. 

He is a nice looking man, red hair, strong voice, looks like he came from the army. "How is she still alive?" Another doctor says in disbelief. She is a woman, also red hair. She has a kind face, but is extremely focused. 

"April, please. Not in front of the patient." The male doctor says speaks again. He looms over me, and has a sad look on his face. "Listen, sweetie, this is going to hurt, we're going to pull the bullet out now. Just stay calm, it will be over in a second." He tells me. 

"Don't sugar coat it, Doc." I speak weakly and smile at the joke I told Harry earlier today. He and few doctors laugh, then I feel the cold metal tongs touch my leg, and I take whatever strength I have left in me to bite down on my lip. They pull it out, and I see my blood shoot out of the open wound, all over the scrubs of a few nurses. 

"Alright, clear an OR now! We need to get her into surgery asap before she really bleeds out." The female doctor says to one of the nurses. The nurses hustles out, yelling at a few people to page Dr. Grey. 

I hope he or she is a good surgeon. The surgeons I had last time who worked on my stomach was Dr. Avery from the "Plastics Possy", as he called it since he worked in the Plastic Surgery division, and Dr. Robbins, or Arizona. Dr. Avery was pretty hot, I might add. 

"Alright, My name is Owen, and this is April. We are going to oversee your case and make sure you get all the right care you need. Everything is going to be just fine." The male doctor tells me. 

"I play tennis, you know. I would like to think I'm pretty good. But I can't play with a busted knee, you know? So if you could save it and let me play again, it would be greatly appreciated." I say to Owen and April as they roll me to an operating room. 

"I also hope those weren't my last words, they were pretty lame." I joke again. 

"We will do everything in our power to grant your wishes. Good luck and we will see you on the outside." April says sweetly and they wave me off. 

Dr. Grey hovers over me in her scrubs, along side Arizona. "Hello, Cristina. I'm Meredith, and I am here to fix you up. My best friend's name is Cristina by the way, just like you spell it." She shares. "Hello, again. Cristina." Arizona smiles warmly. 

I smile faintly and a few tubes are put in my arm and one in my mouth. I feel the sedation kicking in and the last thing I hear is Meredith speaking to her staff. "It's a great day to save lives!" She says, and then I black out. 

+

"Cris, wake up! Cris we need to get you out of here now!" I hear a voice tell me. I struggle to see, but I force myself to pry my eyes open. 

It takes a second for the picture to snap in focus, but I can see the outline of brown curls, and unforgettable green eyes. I finally see Harry's face, his expression scared and alert.

"What?" I manage to say. "I know you just woke up, but we have to go, we're in danger here. The hospital's been overrun by Hell-" 

"The bad guys. C'mon, I'm going to get you out of here." He assures me and unplugs me from the machines. "Your vitals will hold their own until I get you to another hospital where you'll be safe." He continues. 

I nod and he picks me up once again. I put my head on his familiar shoulder, and my arms around his neck. He starts out the door, and the hospital is in ruins. It looks as if the apocalypse were upon us, and everything was destroyed except my room.