Chapter One

"Aw! Arrrrrgghh! Ma! Ma!", Sarah screamed as loud as she can.

"Dear what's happening?!", her mom replied as she rushed into her daughter's room.

"My stomach really hurts! I can't help it anymore!"

"Hon, help me! Let's take Sarah in the hospital!"

In the hospital..........

"Excuse me, are you the parents of Ms. Sarah Mendoza?"

"Yes, we are. What happened to our daughter doc?"

"According to the several tests we conducted, I'm sorry to say that she has a stage three ovarian cancer."

"Huh?!", Mrs. Mendoza said, really shocked. "Cancer? Is it possible to her age?"

"There's no trace of that in our family.", Sarah's dad interjected.

"Yes ma'am. There are some cases that cancer attacks at any age. We're not also removing the possibility that it may occur without any trace in her genes. But what is surprising is that it is already on stage three before you discovered it. Didn't you see any signs earlier?"

"Nothing, doc", Sarah's mom said as she looked to her husband. "So how about the cure?"

"There is only two cure for that. One is surgery and another is chemotherapy. The problem is, we don't have neccesities for such treatment. It is only found on some major hospitals in Europe but..........I admit that you need a bunch of money for this", the doctor explained.

"Oh, no. We don't have that.........money."

"So you're saying that if we can't take her to Europe, you are giving a limit to our daughter's life?!", Mr. Mendoza exclaimed.

"Mmmmm. To be honest sir, ma'am, 

mostly in that situation.... it only takes two years, maximum"

"Oh, God! Why is this happening to us?" Sarah's mom cried as she hugged her husband.

"So how is she?", Mr. Mendoza said emotionally.

"Sarah is now stable. She moved from the emergency room to Room 431" the doctor replied. "By the way, here's the result papers."

Sarah's POV

Before I let you continue to read my story, first, I am Sarah Iyah Alcon Mendoza, 15, and in the next school year, I'm going to be a senior highschool student. I just hope I could graduate middle school before I'll be totally gone in this world.... Yes, I already knew I am ill. I tried to keep it for years but one day, boooom! - my cancer is already on the third stage . I decided not to tell this from no one even on my parents because I love them so much; they are old and I don't want them worry and feel pity for me . Another thing is from the very start , I know they will never afford to cure my cancer. But do you know what;s the hardest. It's about thiking how will my parents be when I'm gone knowing I'm their one and only child?

Until the day I awoke...........