Ghetto Slam Part 4

Kitty shrugged off the negative voice in her head and walked towards the van. She hurried across the road and thanked God that his window slid down as she skipped between the moving cars.
He shot kitty a blank wary look and then his facial muscles relaxed as recognition lit his features. The Jeep crept along and kitty maintained eye contact stepping backwards. "What's up?"

A hand dangled outside and he hung it lazily along the driver's door. He then stretched across to the dashboard and turned the music down without breaking eye contact. Kitty melted in his bald-faced glower.

He waggled a finger at her. "Where you know me from?"

Kitty coughed. Her voice faltered. "Wow! You forgot about me already?"

He shook his head, eyes piercing, his eyebrows rose in disbelief. "I get this everyday so that is why I'm asking you to refresh my memory"
Kitty wanted nothing more than to wipe that arrogant smirk off his face.
Kitty scoffed. She dared him to sit there and pretend as if he did not remember wining up on her last night. Men never forget the face of women that they found attractive and she knew he recognized her when she first walked up to him.

A driver behind him barked. "Yow! Man a work me a work eenuh! Park and talk to the woman or pick her up!

He screamed some profanities at us and the young man that just made a fool out of her chuckled.
"A wah do deh fool yah man?" He muttered, his eyes danced and his lips pulled back into a seductive smile.

He swayed his long finger to the passenger side of the vehicle and Kitty ran to the other side with urgency. She chortled when she remembered that her car was parked about a block away, for some reason she was not thinking straight this morning. She felt great sitting beside him as he turned the music back up a little, rolled the windows up and glided through the traffic with a slow, confident turn of the steering wheel.

Kitty wanted to squeal. She glanced at him, noting the small patches of hair on his face, his chocolate complexion and the dark knuckles that gently gripped the steering wheel. He steered the vehicle with only one hand and drummed his left fingers on the horn area.
"Gwaan study me no? It's cool" He said in a gruff voice.

Kitty could not believe how much he was a doppelganger for her dead brother. Tears welled up in her eyes and she felt her heart move like a lump in her chest. The boy glanced at her and smiled. He had dimples. He was adorable.

"What is your name? She asked.

He nodded his head to the G-Unit 'I want to get to know you' playing on his Stereo and then said. "Gary"

Kitty looked at his lap and he trailed her eyes. She reached over and grabbed his pubis. He jerked backwards, laughing and removing her hands with a gentle but firm grip.

Kitty smiled. "How old are you Gary?" He had a grown man's body, a grown man's voice and a grown man's dick but his face was youthful.
He shook his head and grinned. "Twenty One"
She asked mockingly. "You sure?"
He laughed as if Kitty had said something comical. "Why you ask me if am sure?"
Kitty waved her shoulders. "Nothing" She said. "You look older"

He nodded his head and gave her thumbs up. "Yeah deh pon the streets long a hustle, a work hard from mi thirteen. Police kill me father and mi mother have too much a we. "

He scratched his head, corn rows bushy from a couple days hair growth. "Feel like forty more time you know" he said in a tight voice.

He gave her a somber look and asked. "What you want with me big woman? Me a go handle a little business so what you deh pon?"

Kitty was glad he was not looking at her to see how she flinched when he said the word 'forty'.

"Nothing just thought I would say Hi." She replied smoothly.

He raised his brows in skepticism. "Okay! Mi have a little movement to go pon so we will link up a next time! Okay?"

Kitty's heart sunk. She felt as if she had been dismissed. The vehicle came to a sudden halt and he turned the music off. He glanced at her and opened his palms wide with a grin on his face. The engine throttled and he leaned his seat backwards and placed his right hand across his forehead. Kitty did not know what to say.

She said sheepishly. "My car is parked all the way back down there"
He spun around for a second, gaping down the road from whence they came and then gazed into Kitty's face, scratching his hair again.
Kitty looked at his hair and he said as if sensing what she thought. "Yes mi know it want wash. Weh you say you a do cause me cannot go back down in this traffic again?"

He pulled a hundred dollars from his pocket. He threw it on Kitty's lap. "Pay your fare to go back down."

Gary stretched across and opened the passenger door to let Kitty out of the vehicle. Kitty stared at him, mouth agape. She peered ahead, facial features patterned in incredulity. She slid off the seat and unto the hot asphalt without even a second sidelong glance. He drove away, music thumping. Kitty gazed up the road and decided to complete her 'marketing' at a supermarket; she could not risk bumping into that scoundrel again with his lazy eyes and attitude of indifference.

Ghetto Slam
Crystal. A. Evans