Chapter 16

===============================================================

16

Could this be categorized as awkward? Yes, but I think there’s a better word to describe this specific situation…complicated. I swear the forces of good and evil have joined to curse me into this uncomfortable situation. I wouldn’t have minded having Mark in all of my classes but having Ryan there as well adds to the tension of the myriad of awkwardness between us.

Both of them had taken the liberty of sitting next to me in every class except for foods as Ryan is not in that one. The teachers are no help as they automatically assumed that Mark and I are acquainted due to us being Australian. I didn’t bother telling them that we do in fact know each other since we were babes.

Whenever Mark and I get partnered up on some activity in class, I saw how tense Ryan became. Poor boy, I don’t blame him if he doesn’t trust Mark one bit. Mark has been obvious with his intentions on getting back with me by dropping hints or even trying to lure me into reminiscing about our past escapades back home when we were younger.

I also noticed that some girls in many of our classes have been shooting laser glares my way as I have the new kid short of latching on to my side every step of the way. Plus, I have the school’s bad boy as my boyfriend. Is it too much for a simple teenage girl such as myself to ask for a non-complicated life? I guess it is as I have endured this past week the same as the beginning of the week right after my birthday weekend.

We just left our AP Chemistry class and Ryan is walking me to my next class which is Foods. To Ryan’s dismay, Mark is in this class and he isn’t. It’s the only class that we don’t share. Just before I walk in the classroom, Ryan gently tugs on the hand that is entwined with his to make me stop in my progress of letting him go. When I turned around, I almost smacked my face on his chest because I didn’t know that he took the two necessary steps to get our bodies closer.

With the abrupt action, it caused my side bangs to cover half of my eyes which he brushed off with his free hand then left his hand cupping my cheek. When he did this, I looked up to see that his eyes flicker between my eyes and lips. I guess I was mirroring his eyes because the next thing I know, his lips were touching mine in a soft yet sensual kiss.

At first, I was hesitant as I am not really into public displays of affection, but today for some reason, is a bit different. He hasn’t done anything that makes me uncomfortable in the least but then again, this kiss conveys so much yet so little as we are not full-on making out in the school hallway. It’s a closed mouth kiss that sends my insides into all sorts of knots.

When I felt him asking for entrance, I was going to give in but before I could respond to it, a clearing of the throat interrupted our kiss making us painstakingly pull away from one another. When I looked over my right shoulder to see who disrupted our kiss, I found Mrs. Taylor the Foods teacher standing by the classroom door’s threshold with her arms crossed on her chest looking at us pointedly with a raised eyebrow. This immediately turned my irritated glare into a sheepish look.

“Ms. Thompson, I’d hate to interrupt your afternoon tryst with Mr. Knight here but class is about to start. I don’t blame you if you didn’t hear the warning bell go off as you were a bit…distracted” Mrs. Taylor said.

I unclasped my hold on Ryan’s neck as I felt my face redden from her catching us kissing in the hallway plus, she is right, I didn’t hear the bell go off at all! Without looking at Ryan, I started walking in the direction where the teacher stood and entered the room with my head looking down on the floor. When I was standing next to the teacher, I whispered an apology. She stopped my advancement with a hand on my shoulder. When I looked up at her, she has this sympathetic look on her face. This made my face furrow in confusion as I did not understand what she meant by it but she let me go after we made eye contact and I proceeded to go to seat.