Chapter 30: "I'll-a-Try-Not-to-Panic" Time

Chapter 30

"I'll-a-Try-Not-to-Panic"Time

This day had been crazy enough for Rhett and Link. They didn't know what was going on and there was no powerful chicken dragon that can help them in this world. So, to clear their heads, they walked it off. Maybe a stroll around the city could recover them. Unfortunately, it did not help.

"There's just this... feeling in the back of my head that Chase is right. I mean, why else would we have files about this since the 90's?" Rhett expressed.

"Oh, Chase is right, man. The problem is who took our memories and why," Link answered.

"Great. Another adventure to finding our lost memories. If I recall correctly, it didn't go really well last time!"

"Well what do you suggest we--"

Link was interrupted by a puppy whining/barking. It came from an alley and was quickly running down the sidewalk. It sounded like a puppy but it was a little to big to be one but a little too small to be an full grown dog. The little Golden Retriever looked like he needed help.

"Whoa whoa! Hey, boy!" Link greeted.

They got a chance to pet him but the pup was a little too panicked for affection. It barked to Rhett and Link as if it was trying to say something. He backed up a little, motioning to the alley.

"Something's wrong, Link," Rhett noticed.

Links coffed. "As if we aren't in big trouble enough,"

The puppy scurried to the alley as the duo followed closely behind it. After a few turns here and there, the puppy stopped to growl. Behind a corner, there was a young woman of about nineteen years old being kidnapped. She was tied up and gagged so she can't scream. She struggled as a man in black dragged her to a van.

Two against one? No problem.

"HEY!" Rhett yelled.

The kidnapper turned around in surprise. But not surprised enough. His ally knocked Rhett to the ground and threw Link off the wall. He scampered to the driver's seat to start the car. The puppy ran to the kidnapper and chewed it's pants off. At least he was a little distracted now.

Rhett's reflexes started to kick in. He grabbed a wooden board and hit the kidnapper on the head, knocking him out. Link headed to the girl to untie her. The kidnapper's companion left the car to stop Rhett who was blocking his way to Link and the victim. He pounced on Rhett and the only thing that protected him from being hurt or killed was the wooden board. This guy was set to killing Rhett and this made him more nervous than ever. He had enough of this killing spree and then,he did the impossible.

Green aura shot out of Rhett's hands, sending the ally crashing to the van. He peeked in to see if his opponent was defeated. All he saw was dust.

Rhett stared at his hands.

"How--the heck did that happen?" he panted.

Link just sat back in awe. The girl was now untied and was squirming her way to freedom.

"What the heck happened?" she asked.

"Wait a minute," Link realized.

They took one look at her and immediately knew who she was.

"Annie McRidge?!" Rhett exclaimed.

"I was on my way to the studio for that Ear Biscuit episode and these bozos kidnapped me!" Annie hissed.

"Are you hurt?" Link made sure.

"Physically, no. But I can tell you that I am scarred for life,"

The puppy that warned them earlier barked to get Annie's attention. She greeted him as she spread her arms wide to which he ran towards to.She embraced the pup, thanking him for saving her.

"So what do we do now?" Annie asked.

"I'm gonna call the police," Rhett fished out his cellphone from his pocket. "I suppose we're gonna cancel that Ear Biscuit, then,"

"No!I was really looking forward to it! What better way to start the podcast than by telling the Internet one heck of an anecdote?" Annie crossed her arms.

"You sure you're okay with this?" Link chuckled.

"Yes! I'm perfectly sure!"

"Well we still have to call the cops to take care of this guy,"

"Where's the other one?"

"Uhh... He got away, I guess," Rhett lied.

"Huh," Annie scoffed. It was as if it didn't surprise her.

After a few minutes, the cops showed up and arrested Annie's kidnapper. After they asked a few questions to them, the police left with a promise to contact them if any problem rises up.

"Well...that was interesting," Annie sighed.

"Why do you think they kidnapped you?" Link thought out loud.

"They want my kidneys, my money or they're die-hard fans? I don't know,"

She turned around to face the guys. Rhett backed up a bit. Her face was familiar.

"Have we met before?" Rhett asked.

"Rhett, we're YouTubers. We've met like a couple of times now," Annie made a face.

"Yeah. Didn't you remember that sketch she made with us?" Link added.

Rhett rubbed his head. "I know. I'm sorry. I just thought I remembered something,"

Annie nodded. "Let's get this Ear Biscuit on, shall we?"