A Redhead Boy and a Life or Death Decision

I stopped and stared at the princess. Her golden curls bounced down all the way down to her waist, silver thread entwined through it. Her facial features were perfect, her dress was like an icy river, it tightened and fell in all the places. As I looked at her from the back of the room, one name sprang to mind. Alice. I narrowed my eyes. I didn't remember Alice ruling Wonderland, controlling people with fear. I pondered at this for a moment, but I was soon distracted by a quick tap on my shoulder. I turned around, surprised to find myself staring into the face of a boy with a shock of red hair, freckles dotted over his cheeks and grey eyes staring straight at me. I looked around, to check no one was listening.

"You can see me?" I hissed.

"Yes, I can see you. That kind of manipulation magic doesn't work on me." he said, dead serious. Okay, magic was most definitely a thing here. I nodded my head for him to continue. "I can tell you're not from here, but I know what you're here for." he said. I knitted my eyebrows together, confused. Even I didn't know what I was doing there.

"You've got to help us return this cursed place we call Wonderland to it's former glory! Come, quickly. Follow me." He turned and strode away, not looking back. he obviously expected me to follow him. I had a decision to make. Stay here and suffer the consequences if I get found, or follow the boy and, possibly, help save Wonderland from it's apparent savior, Alice. I soon made up my mind and trotted to catch up with him. He gave me a small grin as I did so. We meandered out of the ballroom, I still concealed by my invisibility spell and he trying diligently to remain unnoticeable. We reached a doorway and stepped through, into the glorious place that was Wonderland.

I still don't understand what happened here, which side the rabbit guy is on or why Alice turned bad, but I know three things for sure: One, I'm in Wonderland. Two, I'm pretty much stuck here, and three, this place is going to go down in flames unless I do something about it.

This Wonderland sure isn't the one I'd read about in the stories, but it sure did need help.
And it seemed that the people there thought I was the girl for the job.