Prologue

🍁Prologue//Vunerable🍁

Cheryl Weyland

I walked in my room, shutting the door and plopped on bed. I was beyond exhausted but I knew something more was to come- Dad wasn't home yet.

My eyebrows curved with concern as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

I sat upright and walked towards the window, peaking out to look out for his car.

Nowhere to be seen.

I calmed a little.

"Thank god." I whispered, lying down on bed again.

It was an exhausting day, from school to chores, everything was tiring.

Just as my eyes were about to close, to fall asleep, the front door opened and I sat upright, scared.

Dad was home.

I gulped as I straightened my shirt and walked out the room, to greet him.

"Hello da-" I was interrupted by him kissing my neck.

Shocked, I pushed him away. "Who the f*%# do you think you are to push me away?!"

He threw his bottle at my head and then punched me. On my stomach. On my chest. Everywhere you could imagine.

And soon enough, I blacked out. I didn't need any special words to describe my pain or anything because it was a part of my daily routine, now.

---

I woke up, feeling this sudden tingling all over my body. I slightly opened my eyes to see that I was still lying on the floor, where I had been beaten to unconsciousness.

He didn't even have the pity of putting me in bed.

I tried standing on my feet, but fell down back in the floor. I gave moan of despair.

I looked around and noticed that 'HE' was gone. I slight sigh left my lips.

Somehow, I gained the strength to stand up on my feet and slowly, limping walked towards my room. I walked in my room, shut the door and headed towards the bathroom.

I leaned over the sink, to get a better view of my black eye and bleeding lip. I tear fell down my cheeks as I limped towards the shelf in my room and pulled out a picture of my dad- my real dad, John Weyland.

His glistening white smile, his beautiful bluish-grey eyes, his sharp nose, his chiseled jaw. Everything was done to perfection. Yet, I didn't have him next to me.

When I was 4, my dad passed away from a car crash. It was like the end on my world. My mom, concerned for me, thought about giving me the love of both dad and mom but failed. So, she reached the conclusion of marrying another man, Henry Rogers. I never liked him. As a dad, as a man. He never loved me either. He was faking goodness until my mom too passed away. And then, began the abusing, physically and emotionally. I thought things would change, but they didn't. They never did.

I broke down- the last thing I ever wanted to do. I screamed, punched the wall and did all sorts of violent thing but my pain never decreased.

I looked up at the clock and noticed that it was already half past six. I quickly cleaned up and dressed for school.

---

"Cheryl, what's up-" Simon, my dear friend interrupted himself as he noticed the wound on the corner of my lip. "What's with that wound?"

I gulped.

Lying to Simon was the last thing I'll ever want to do. But unfortunately, I didn't have the guts of telling him the truth either.

"I feel off the stairs." I replied, trying to sound convincible. Simon nodded. "Poor you."

I nodded, I indeed did feel sympathy for myself.

The day at school passed by like wind. Unfortunate for me, I had to go back home now and face that man once again. Hoping I wouldn't get anymore new wounds, I walked into the entrance and noticed that no one was home. Sighing, I walked into my room, locked the door, and threw my bag on the floor.

"Goodness." I sighed.

I was tired. I wanted to go to bed and fall asleep. But I couldn't.

I yet had to make dinner, clean the house, do laundry and more uncountable things. I sighed. This was indeed exhausting.

I walked over to the shelf, that was located over the bed, pulled out my wallet, and counted the money.

550.

634.

870

$1200!

Smiling, I quickly threw the books out of my school bag, stuffed in a pair of jeans and a few shirts with my undergarments. I also put in my dad's picture and a few souvenirs of my childhood. Not to forget. I also threw in my toothbrush and toothpaste. I quickly changed into a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a dark blue sweater, just to protect me from the cold. I said a last goodbye to my room.

I was so enthusiastic. I was finally gonna go and start a new life. Happily, a walked out my room and soon enough my house.

It was like my happiness had no bound but who knew, I had something more to come into my life that would leave me hopeless.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Author's Note-
Hey guys! So, as you can see, it's a new Jason McCann fanfic! Woohoo!!😂😂😂
Anyways, I hope you bear with me through out the book as its just the beginning. And I promise to update whenever I get time. Well, I also hope you learn to deal with me blabbering over the book and Justin bieber at the end of each chapter at the authors note section. So, I guess that's enough for today. Love you guys. 😘😘

The Author 😎😎