Prologue

In my 20s
-done school/college at Red River
I should be done within one or two years, right? The major I'll be taking only has about 10 classes. What more do I need?

-live in a beautiful apartment
Ooohh, I'd love to live in that apartment complex by Amber Crescent. Seems.. Nice. New. Safe neighbourhood.

-steady job
As in monthly pay. Not paid per project.

-have a greyhound
The cutest type of dog that's perfect for me. Fine for apartments even though they're big dogs. Fastest dog out there- but lazy. Minimum exercise necessary. Okay with being alone all day while I'm working. Quiet. Not a tiny yapper that bites and scratches at your feet while you try really hard not to kill them by stepping on them.

Hmm... What else? I guess that's enough of a goal right? I'll be alright living alone. It'll be fun! I'll get to decorate however I want and not have to consult in anyone.

Thinking back to the time she wanted to paint her room a different colour when she was thirteen, she definitely would prefer if that never had to happen again.

"River!"

"Yeah?!" She yelled back with disappointment. She didn't want to get back to doing chores just yet. Her mom should be glad she's at least not currently feeding her reading/TV addiction.

"I need your help with something." With a grunt she gets up from her white desk to go help her mom with what will most likely be processing the vegetables from the garden.

Oh how I can't wait for school to start again!

*~*~*

Hello wattpadians! I'm glad you came this far and I really hope you add this story to your library. This is of course just the prologue/sneak peek, but the way I'll be updating will be far different then most writers. This eleven part story won't be written from front to back. I'll be making rough drafts of all the chapters and update as I edit them through. So right now this story is *on hold* until further notice. BUT know that when the updates do come-- they will be quick. Possibly as quick as every day or every second day.

None the less, whether you choose to join me on this journey or not, I hereby swear that I will put my heart and soul into this heart-throbbing, non-cliché, coming of age love story.

This story should be off hold within 2-6 months.

December, 2015

~hastings