The Misunderstood

Let me just say... teenagers are the most misunderstood, awkward human beings that ever lived. We are expected to act like adults, and yet we are treated like children. We stand up for what we believe in and end up getting punished for shit. We want to be happy, but we feel empty and broken inside. We feel insecure or depressed at times and people tell us that it's just a phase we're going through, but dealing with everything going on around us is tough. They don't understand us. It feels like there is no end to life. Don't you hate feeling trapped? Confused? Yea. We see the reality in things, hate cheesy and romantic, want to be alone to get our thoughts together, but people just don't understand. They think we're too young to understand, or that we're psychos and freaks, but we just want to live life. All we want is to figure out why we are living life. Our emotions are all mixed up and confusing; we just want to be free. We're confused and curious and want to "live life to the fullest". Although no one really understands us, we have to be strong. So hold on we're almost there. Maybe it is just a phase or maybe we were all just born broken. Maybe that's it. We are all broken and we were put here on this earth to find the people and the pieces we need to function and live. We don't know and we may never know. We are still finding our way. We are still fighting through the years of anger, tears, happiness, joy, sorrow, and love. We are the misunderstood.
.
.
.