The News

Where am I? Why is it so dark? And what the hell is that smell? Ugh my back is killing me this has to be the most uncomfortable position ever.

As I'm stretching out the knots in my back I notice something odd that I didn't notice in my foggy state, this space is way to small for my body. As I feel around I feel cracks and splintery wood all around me. Am I in a box?!

Nooo, no, no, no, no what is going on? Oh my I can't breath, why am I in here? I halt in the middle of my little panic attack, I hear a flick and notice a stream of light creep into the cracks of the box I'm in. I hear a voice, a voice so deep, velvety, and smooth that I just can't help but remember it.

"Hello Zaria, I see your awake, was your bed comfortable enough" he says with a dark chuckle following after.

"What the hell do you want??" I scream as I try to kick the walls of the box but I cant cause it is just so damn tight in here! Ugh!

"Oh you know exactly what I want, and I'm going to figure out which one of you no good teens has it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 (3 months earlier)   "Hey Zaria girl, how was the arcade with the little munchkin last night?" Is what my best friend since kindergarten greets me with this early Monday morning.

"It was fun, its nice to have some quality time with the little bro-bro every once in a while I feel like I've become to busy for him." I say shamefully, which is true though between basketball practice, being student body president, and all of this useless homework, I never spend enough time with my little brother Travis.

"Girl please, your doing what's good for your future and Travis understands that, stop beating yourself up about it" "Yeah I guess your right Liz thanks" "Its the least I can do girl, but umm I'm gone catch up with you later i got some business to take care of, see you in Calcus"

"Blehh Calculus the devil of subjects in this internal 4 year hell"

"Girl shut yo goofy butt up, now I'll see you later alright?"

"Aight Liz, peace."

"Hey shortypie, how you doing?"

"Hey Jay..." I respond chuckling at the cute little nickname he gave me when we were 10 even though we're nearly the same height now "I'm doing alright how 'bout you?"

"Swell now that I'm talking to my utmost favoritist friend of all"

"Um I'm positive that's not a wo-"

"So looky here I need a favor"

"I knew it" I grumble in irritation."what is it now?"

"So.. I kind of need you to lie to this girl for me" he says sweetly while batting those long eyelashes of his. Which I might add I will not fall for this time like I have so many times over the years.

"Nope not happening we are not having the same scene from last month. Go ask Liz"

He took a slight pause as if something I said got to him but just as quick as it came it went. "Last month is like 10 years ago who remembers really? And Liz? Seriously? She's the worst liar ever."

"I know that's why I recommended her, maybe you should try and tell the truth for once"

"The truth? Hmmmmm Truth..... Nope never heard of it. Now may you pleaseeee do this favor for me I'll do anything for you in return."

"Anything?"

"Yes anything."

"Like buying me lunch for the next 3 months?"

"3 months?! Why so long?"

"For how many times I had to lie for you Jay Praters!"

"Ok sheesh quiet down. Now I'll give you the details later see ya gotta get to class"

"Yeah whateva."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally lunch, I've been starving all day I didn't eat anything for breakfast and on top of that I had to do a 10 mile run in gym because Aiden wouldn't shut his trap. I'm exhausted and would just love a whopper and large fry with a large strawberry milkshake. Ughh I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Now where is that idiot Jay I need food and now! I've been waiting for to long I swear if that idiot doesn't show up soon I'm going to shove a whooper so far up his a-

"Hey big head you ready?" He asks while propping his arm on top of my head.

"Been ready" I say as I shove past him stomping to his car.

"Whoa you seem in a pretty bad mood I guess I'll wait till after you eat to tell you"

Even though I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant for me to hear for the fact he mumbled it so low under his breath, but I did hear it and now my hunger is replaced by curiosity. I spin around way to fast and elbow Jay in his rib.

"Oof, oh my gosh"

"Oops my bad, now what did you have to tell me Burger King can wait."

"Wow! your elbow is sharp as hell it felt like a fricking knife."

"Yeah yeah I know, now what do you have to tell me?!"

"Calm down girl. Now come on we'll talk in my car."

We eventually get to Jays car parked all the way in the back of the lot, I hop in buckle up and wait for whatever big news he has to tell me in the privacy of his car.

"So what's up?"

"OK look Zaria you have to promise you won't lash out and you'll be reasonable about this."

"Uhmmm"

"Come on Zaria just promise me"

"OK OK I promise now tell me"

"The whole school knows."

"Knows.... what exactly?"

"About you..."

Oh.My.God.

How? Who? This is impossible. What if my parents find out?! Will the school tell them? No I doubt it. Will one of the students parents tell them?! Its a large possibility they will, these students blab gossip to anybody including their parents.While I'm worrying and mentally asking all these questions I didn't think about the one important detail in all this. Who spilled the secret? But before I could even get the chance to blurt out the question I was afraid to know the answer to, Jay beat me to it.

"...and it was Liz who told them"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys this is my first book I'm ever writing and I would really appreciate if you guys could comment and tell me how I am doing I hope its good and I hope you guys are enjoying. Second chapter will be up soon and thank you guys for checking my book out. <3<3<3<3

P.S. picture of Zaria at the top/on the side