Finding Out

Max's POV

I woke up in Chloe's room again for the third time this week. My dorm at Blackwell just didn't feel like home anymore... it never did in the first place. Once all that shit went down recently, all I've wanted to do is escape. Chloe feels like an escape. I rubbed my eyes and stretched before sitting up on the bed and looking over at Chloe's sleeping figure. Her blue hair was messy and covering her right eye as she slept on her side facing me. I can't lie... she's beautiful when she's asleep. Hesitantly, I reached over and moved the hair away from her eye in order to reveal her entire face.
To my surprise, she didn't wake up. Chloe has always been a light sleeper... ever since William had passed away. I couldn't blame her, she used to wake herself up in the middle of the night screaming for her father as images of his death flashed through her imagination during the night as she slept.
The two of us were up late into the night listening to Arctic Monkeys, flipping through old pictures of the two of us, and taking new ones with my camera. I loved photographing Chloe. She struck the most outstanding poses even when she wasn't even trying to, plus the smoke from her cigarettes and blunts always added a grudge look to the photos. Not to mention her punk rocker clothing and aura. No wonder she crashed so hard once her head hit the pillow.
I caught myself still staring at her sleeping form right next to me. She sighed softly in her sleep before turning to lie on her stomach. As she did so, I finally noticed that she was wearing my light gray hoodie. Last time I remember, I had strewn it across the room before settling into bed myself. Perhaps she had gotten cold during the wee hours of the morning and slipped it on, mistaking it for one of her own articles of clothing. Either way, she looked outstanding in it, even while she was passed out.
After a minute or two of still sitting there, I decided to finally get up. I rubbed my eyes and stretched as I walked over to my messenger bag at the other side of the room. I rummaged through it until I found my camera, and once I had it in my grasp, I snapped a shot of my sleeping Chloe. "Yep, this one is a definite keeper." I said quietly to myself as I tucked the photo away into my bag.