Coming Out

Jay and Carlos have been dating for 2 months and they have decided it was time to come out. Not to their parents though. To their best friends, Mal and Evie.

Keeping it a secret has been huge struggle for them and for the past few days it began showing more and more.

But they didn't want to hide it anymore. They wanted to show off their love and show off each other. But to do that they had to tell their best friends first. Their opinion meant most to them.

That's why when Jay accidentally holds Carlos's hand while they're all walking they decided it was time. The looks of confusion drill into their heads as they whisper a plan.

Jay: "I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I just can't hide this anymore. Let's tell them.

Carlos: "It's ok I'm not mad and I don't want to hide anymore either. But what if they don't accept us."

Jay: "Baby, they will accept us. And if they don't the screw them. Because I love you. And I will never let anyone's opinions come between us."

Carlos: "I love you too. Let's tell them at the old barn. No one will be there and if someone is, so what. We are gonna come out publicly after we tell them."

Jay: "Ok. Everything will work out in the end, ok? Well get through this together. C'mon."

Jay grabs Carlos's hand and pulls him over to the girls. They had their own conversation wondering what was happening.

Carlos motions the two ladies over and they walk to the barn in silence. They reach it in less then 5 minutes the sound of the wind and rustling hay filling the silence.

The hidden couple lead the girls to two stacks of hay. Jay and Carlos sit on one side with Mal and Evie on the other in front of them.

Jay sighs looking at his friends in determination and the explanation begins.

"It all started when Carlos and I turned fifteen. 2 years ago. That was a confusing time and we were in need of advice. The problem was we were begin to see each other differently. And not as enemies. I began to finally take notice of Carlos strengths and looks. And I started to feel different around him. I had sudden urges and always kept blushing at anything he said."

"I also began feeling the same way. But we didn't do anything of it because in reality we had no idea what was happening. After a year of confusion we finally began to understand what we were feeling." Carlos tells them, taking in a deep breath.

"One day we were hanging out and something happened. That was the final realization of what was inside of us." Jays whispers and the girls slowly start to put two and two together.

"We had kissed. That day while hanging out we kissed and it started something beautiful. We like guys the way we should feel about girls. When I look at girls I don't feel anything. I just see a girl that looks pretty but no feelings happen. But when I look at Carlos I do feel something. I feel love."

The girls faces twist into realization and utter shock but they don't speak making Carlos continue.

"I love Jay. And he loves me. We are gay and a couple. And we don't care what people say about us so if you don't accept us for who we are" Tears well up in his eyes. "We'll have to move on without you."

Carlos's head buries itself into Jays shoulder waiting for the hate. But instead they start to smile. The girls smile and laugh excitedly.

"Oh my god. That's amazing. I can't believe it. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. You two have had lovey dovey eyes at each other for a while now." Evie squeals and Mal nods. "I'm happy for you guys. We may not be able to have a lot of love in our hearts but true love can always squeeze in."

The couple begins to smile widely back and the two girls are ambushed into a bear hug. The embrace lasts a minute or two and Carlos and Jay couldn't have been happier that their friends excepted. And Mal and Evie were ecstatic for them.

They all break from the hug but instead of leaving Jay pulls Carlos into a kiss.

It lasts for up to 10 seconds but no 10 seconds could have been as passionate. They could be open with their love. They could hold hands and kiss whenever they wanted. No more hiding.

"I love you, Jay"
"I love you more, Carlos."