Chapter 1

I gently placed the new flowers in the pot in between my parents graves. I stood there for a couple hours remembering them. Tears flowing down my face. After awhile i walked away, i needed money those flowers were expensive. Eventually i found my box in between the alleys, i put down the wrapping from the flowers into the small case i had just in case i needed plastic later. I know you probably wondering what i could use plastic for there are a lot of uses, a plate enough of them could be used as blanket or mosquito shields if something happens to my socks i can put them inside my shoe so funguses don't start growing. But judging from the smell they probably started a long time ago. I picked up my begging mat, which was a small old carpet i found, and my tin cup, originally a can of beans.
I found a good spot and sat down. For an hour i didnt get anything. Then this little girl maybe 3 years old saw me, "Mommy look!" Tugging on her mothers dress she said again, "Mom, mommy look!" The little girls mother looks to where shes pointing, "Honey its not nice to point." "No mommy he needs money! We can give him some." "But its not-" "Mommyyyy!!!" "Fine fine here go give it to him." She hands the little girl a dollar and the little girl happily skips over to me and hands me the dollar then runs back to her mom. "Bye stinky guy!" She giggles and waves to me, i smile and wave back. I sit for another couple hours getting loose change from passerbys, until a guy sits beside me. "-going from spot to spot never getting anything and look at you. Probably got a solid five dollars already." I look over at him, he obviously has been on the streets for awhile he looks a little older than me with tanned skin and a big bushy beard but oddly pearl white teeth and minty breath. "Were you talking to me?" I asked, while slowly pulling my cup closer to me, "Dont worry im not gonna steal it you earned it." He extends his hand, "My names Marty." I shake his hand awkwardly. ".... You have one too, don't you?" I quickly come up with a name, "yea... of course..." "Aren't yo-" I interrupt him, "Shaun! My names Shaun. Sorry." "Its alright probably havent had much interaction with people based on," he points to my dirty beard and hair. "That. I mean no offense, i look worse anyways." We sat there for a couple minutes until i finally found my confidence to speak, "But your teeth are so white." He laughed loudly the echoes bouncing off the alleyway walls. "Yea its where most of what i makes goes too." "You get enough for a dentist!?" "Nono of course not i jut have a toothbrush and toothpaste and this really nice store manager of a subway lets me use their bathroom to brush my teeth." There was a pause, then he said, "So how long have you been out here?"