Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Keep moving," Agnes said as we ran as swiftly as possible. "Where are they?! I can't tell where their voices are coming from," I said.

"We can't stop know you fool!" Agnes yelled. I ran with all my might through the twisting and turning paths of the Woods.

"I see them!" Agnes said. There was a horde of zombies closing in on them as they stood, helplessly. There weapons were feet away from them.

Agnes and I whipped out are bows and started firing. The zombies' attention turned to us. We shot non-stop, trying to pick them off.

Mike and Jago ran to their weapons and picked them up. Mike blew off the heads of two zombies and Jago killed one.

Seven zombies still remained alive and well, bloodthirsty.

The zombies became terribly confused, Mike and Jago were shooting them from behind, and Agnes and I in front.

"Guys we have to keep attacking as fast as possible," Mike said. Jago killed two more of the zombies with his bow. Agnes and I also killed two more of the creatures.

Mike finished off the final two with a few blows of his shotgun. "We're safe," said Jago. "Yeah...finally," Agnes said panting.

"So did you guys get any food?" I asked. "Ya, we killed two birds," Jago said. "Yum," Agnes said happily.

We sat down and Agnes began to cook the birds as Jago told me what exactly happened.

Jago: I heard something when we were hunting but I suspected it was just an animal so I didn't say anything about it.

Mike: Yeah, and you should've because then we started getting surrounded by zombies!

Me: Mike it was just an accident don't get so mad at him.

Mike: Fine.

Jago: The zombies knocked our weapons out of our hands and we started backing up, thinking we were goners.

Me: That sucks

Mike: Yeah, at least we're all fine, now.

Agnes: Guys, come eat!

Agnes had roasted the ducks to the crisp and they looked delicious. "Let's dig in!" Mike said.

We all ripped off pieces of the food and started devouring the meal.

Agnes said "I think we need to leave the Woods, there are too many zombies and threats here." "I agree," said Mike with a sincere look across his face.

"Guys, I don't think we're done yet!" winced Jago, "Look, we've got trouble." An overgrown zombie appeared. "Son of a..." said Mike. This must've been some kind of mutated form of a zombie. "Let's own this sucker," said Agnes.

"I guess this is goodbye, see ya as a zombie," Jago said in a scared tone of voice. "Don't think like that let's finish this thing off," I replied, hopefully reassuring him that we might have a shot at staying alive.

"Everyone stay calm," Agnes said, trying to get us all to stop hallucinating. Well I hope she doesn't exactly expect us to be jumping with joy. The zombie roared in anger has he scraped the ground ready to charge like a bull. All of us stood there shell shocked, wondering what to do next.

"Screw it!" Mike said making a suicide run towards the beast with his shotgun at his side. The beast looked as if it was grinning, prepared for the blow Mike was going to try and deal. He charged towards the mutant at full speed and right before the zombie took a swing at his head, he slid under the creature's extended arm and quickly turned around, shooting it straight in the skull. For a second, the zombie looked as if he was the one shell shocked now, then fell to the ground with a thump.

"That was easy," Mike said as he stood up with a smile across his face. The rest of us just stared at him, wondering how he just pulled that off. "So are you guys just going to stand there or should we get back to the nice meal we were having," he exclaimed with a chuckle to his voice.